The budtender must provide superior customer service and educational guidance to registered patients and caregivers, as well as recreational customers. The budtender must maintain a thorough understanding of marijuana varieties, derivatives, and infused products based on current offers in the Michigan market and be familiar with current cannabis science. The budtender must maintain a professional appearance, organized work environment and and help maintain facility appearance.
Customer Service and Facility Duties:
- Follows company procedures and policies, contributes to development of new concepts to policies and procedures as necessary to perform job.
- Greet patients and customers as they enter the dispensary.
- Provide orientations and tours for first time patients and customers.
- Communicate with check-in desk to maintain customer traffic flow, minimize wait times, and maximize sales and customer satisfaction
- Respond to and resolve customer requests, complaints or compliments in person, through email and on the phone requesting supervisor support as needed.
- Maintain organization of sales stations and dispensary through daily upkeep and light cleaning
- Maintain quality and appearance of product
- Prepare and build patient and customer online and pre-orders.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable state and local laws, as well as documentation process in accordance with the State of Michigan.
- Maintain a basic understanding of the products, and services provided Lake & Leaf.
- Educate customers on the processes of registration, renewals, lost registration documents, etc.
- Record specific requests, preferences, and notes concerning customer and caregiver registration status using the patient management software; and
- Maintain awareness of customer input and suggest changes to improve service or product.
Skills and Competencies
- Accurate data-entry and record keeping.
- Ability to answer multi-phone line system.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management abilities.
- Customer service skills.
- Customer management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and changing environment.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organizational Skills.
- Ability to perform manual labor tasks which can include sitting, standing, stooping, stretching, reaching, performing repetitive tasks
- Frequently lifting up to 50 lbs.
This position will report directly to the Dispensary Manager. This is a full-time position.