SUMMARY: The IT Technician installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical advice and support to system users. Ensures streamlined operation of the IT department is in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The IT Technician will plan, coordinate and provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT Technician will work closely with operations to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The IT Technician will report to the Chief Operations Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Works with operations department on operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organizing the allocation of resources.
2. Manage the monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and Office Automation equipment.
3. Monitors efficiency of communication links internally and externally.
4. Responsible for Network Management; Database Administration
5. Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data
6. Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
7. Keep current with the latest IT technologies.
8. Practice asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment.
9. Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the operations department regarding pertinent IT activities.
10. Identifies and upon approval, procures the hardware and software needed to satisfy user requirements.
11. Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on users’ premises.
12. Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
13. Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements.
14. Provides telephone, in-person and online support to end-users.
15. Connects users to networks and provides initial training in facilities and applications.
16. Administers e-mail and anti-virus systems.
17. Assists in research and procurement of computer hardware, software and associated components, accessories and supplies.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
Strong technical knowledge of telecommunications, network and PC operating systems
Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards
Extensive application support experience
Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development
In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required
Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
High level of self-motivation
Keen attention to detail
Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Exceptional customer service orientation
Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor Degree and five years of related work experience.