Remote within Canada
Intermediate Developers at Coconut Software are independent, resourceful, and enjoy working as part of a team to learn, teach, and constantly look for ways to improve the company’s software. In this role, you will work on a system that facilitates connections between businesses and their customers, through a combination of appointments, lobby queuing, and third party integrations. Additionally, this role actively and excitedly takes part in various discussions surrounding design, code reviews, and best practices. YOU ARE FIRED UP TO:
Intermediate Developers have a strong knowledge and understanding of the outputs required at the development level and actively support Junior Developers by sharing knowledge and helping to support ongoing learning opportunities at all levels of development. In this role, you will begin to learn more about the outcomes necessary at the organizational level and how those outputs impact Coconut’s development strategy and goals.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Work with design approach principles and understand how best to apply them
- Focus on outputs and high level outcomes pertaining to customer stories and epics
- Actively participate in new team & new customer onboarding & training (constructing, testing, operating the software)
- Identify problems and propose solutions within the software
- Focus on operational excellence
- Provide useful code reviews for changes submitted by others
- Deliver consistently high quality work - secure, testable, maintainable, low-defects, efficient)
- Improve the teams development & testing processes
- Work hands on with a talented team of developers
- Work with and refine your knowledge of web based applications
- Resolve technical challenges related to calendaring
- Work with a degree of autonomy and deliver incredible solutions with minimal guidance
- Adapt quickly to changes in business requirements
- Define, design, and implement object-oriented distributed software applications
- Stay current with trends, techniques, technology and other factors impacting the job
- Collaborate, Collaborate, Collaborate!
- Actively participate in team meetings and offer recommendations / ideas on design projects
Who is Coconut Software?
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years' experience and confidence working with:
- object-oriented programming, preferably (but not restricted to) PHP
- REST and associated technologies (JWT, JWE, JSON-API, etc)
- server-side software development (Laravel)
- command line interfaces
- MariaDB (MySQL)
- container technologies (docker, kubernetes)
- Solid understanding and experience with:
- CI pipelines
- TDD methodology
- a collaborative approach
- impact on business outcomes
- A passion for:
- utilizing best practices when building integrations to third party systems
- developing a security first mentality
- taking ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- ongoing learning & professional development
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong client and end-user empathy
- Critical thinker with results-oriented problem-solving skills
- Self-driven, motivated by curiosity
Coconut Software makes it effortless for customers to connect with their financial institution. Our enterprise appointment scheduling and lobby management solutions are used by leading banks and credit unions across North America, including RBC Royal Bank, Arvest Bank, Vancity and Rogue Credit Union. The result? A seamless customer experience that’s improved NPS scores, reduced wait times and increased conversion rates for the organizations who use it.
Founded in Saskatoon, by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, we’ve grown to over 75 employees with offices in Saskatoon, Toronto and a remote team distributed across Canada. After completing the Google Accelerator for Startups and having just closed our Series B funding round (raised $28M CDN led by Klass Capital), we have ambitious growth plans to scale the team and continue to bring exciting new products to market!
Company perks include Cabana Days (our version of a 4 day work week!), our Tiki Bucks Incentive Plan, and an annual wellness spending account, Coconut has a company culture that is best in class. With a foundation in and emphasis on people, passion, and performance, we are seen as the disruptor in our space.
We believe in a world where advisors can create long lasting relationships with their customers and operate more efficiently.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Cabana Days—our version of a 4-day work week!
We work regular business hours Monday to Thursday. Then, we’re encouraged to take Fridays off to rest, recharge, and do the things that make us happy!
- Health & Dental Benefits featuring Virtual Care
- Annual Wellness Spending Account
- Remote Work Opportunities
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Internet Subsidy
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Competitive Salaries - we want to pay you fairly based on your experience and expertise, not your ability to negotiate!
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program
- A People First Company - 4.9 rating on Glassdoor
We are proud to have been named as a Great Place to Work in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Inclusion and one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2021.