The Remediation Specialist will work alongside environmental staff, across a diverse client base, in the following areas:
- Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessments
- Risk Evaluation & Corrective Action Program Investigations & Assessments
- Remedial Action
- Environmental Assessments
- Preparation of work plans
- Lead field activities for soil and groundwater assessment to identify contamination impact and related concerns, drilling oversight, soil logging, monitoring well installation, well development, purging and sampling, and aquifer testing
- Remediation oversight
- Data interpretation
- Design, implement and manage various soil and groundwater investigations and remedial projects
- Project management including project scoping, budget management and proposal preparation
- Assist in preparation of Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Record data, prepare reports, provide analysis and interpretations
- Successful negotiating with regulators
- Fieldwork involving overnight travel is sometimes required
Skills and Experience
- B.S./M.S. in geology/hydrogeology, environmental sciences, environmental/chemical/civil/mechanical/agricultural engineering, or related fields and 5 - 10+ years of related experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with an attention to detail and a focus on thoroughness.
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to juggle multiple projects and multitask throughout the day
- Highly proficient in analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Values being part of a team, but is able to work and think independently
- Fieldwork with overnight travel is sometimes required.
- Flexible hybrid (work from home) scheduling options
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefit program: health, dental, vision; Life/AD&D; voluntary plans
- 401(K) with discretionary profit-sharing contributions
Providence is an employee-owned engineering and environmental consulting firm, and our team of professional engineers and environmental specialists possess unparalleled credentials and decades of experience in solving complex environmental challenges. Providence’s focus is sustained by employing the best people to provide the highest quality services with innovation and integrity as we work closely with biologists, toxicologists, ecologists, geologists, and environmental regulatory specialists to offer an outstanding combination of talent and expertise for both governmental civil infrastructure and industrial development work.