ABOUT VERTAVA HEALTH: Vertava Health is a leading national behavioral healthcare system for mental health and substance use disorders, providing a full continuum of services based on the individuals' varying needs at different times in their health and recovery journey. We apply evidence-based treatment modalities at every level of care and embed digital health tools to enhance and amplify clinical outcomes. With a growing list of Joint Commission accredited inpatient and outpatient locations across the country, a virtual care platform and a national network of healthcare providers, Vertava Health pioneers care that empowers people so that they can live out their best future.
In order to make this possible, we need an exceptional Assessment Coordinator who can meet the requirements below. Think you have what it takes to help us change lives all over the country?
The Assessment Coordinator is responsible for coordination and completion of assessments for incoming and admitted patients. Assessment Coordinators will serve one (1) of two (2) functions: pre-admission screening or completion of biopsychosocial assessments once admitted to the PHP or IOP levels of care. Assessment Coordinators also coordinate with the treatment team (nursing, physician, program therapist) any pertinent information gathered during the assessment process.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF PRE-ADMISSION SCREENING FUNCTION:
- Complete Pre-Admission Screenings for all clients who may be deemed appropriate for such screening with treatment or referral disposition recommendations documented.
- Assess and stabilize patients prior to leaving the facility/terminating televideo call or coordinating admission to the facility’s partial hospitalization program or intensive outpatient program.
- Obtain administrative approval for all admissions to facility programming.
- Assist in completion of prior authorization requests.
Note: The essential job functions of this position are not limited to the duties listed above.
- Education: Master’s Degree in a human relations field.
- Experience: A minimum of two (2) years experience in intake assessment activities within a psychiatric setting.
- Licensure: LPC- Intern/Associate, LMSW, LPC, or LMFT license in good standing with the State of Texas.
- Additional Requirements: A working knowledge of the DSM-V, including substance use disorders, the Mental Status Exam, EMTALA, and the Texas Mental Health Code.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of cultural factors and comprehension of how mental health is evaluated across the cultural spectrum.
- Work effectively and efficiently in an independent role.
- Ability to remain calm while working efficiently under stressful conditions.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills, to include written and verbal, in order to effectively communicate admitting criteria to treatment team.
- Knowledge of criteria required for admission to partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and reach continually
- Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs
- Ability to use hands and fingers, talk or hear
- Work environment is indoors and climate controlled
Vertava Health is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled