A Book Company Lexington, KY
Ecampus.com has immediate opening for a full-time Freight Supervisor in our Lexington, Kentucky Distribution Center. Two years’ experience is required.
- Measure and report key service level deliverables and performance indicators on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to ensure operational goals are met. Drives improvement to all key metrics required by the business.
- Act as functional expert and leader, collaborating closely with other departments to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Perform pricing and cost/service analysis, and owns the carrier management processes such as selection, qualification, business reviews, and performance evaluation.
- Identify operational and technological factors that impact customer satisfaction and revenue, and proactively make recommendations for strategic change and/or process improvement.
- Regularly interacts with senior management on executive-level matters related to growth, profitability, and operational efficiencies.
- Monitor and support freight payment process issues between carriers and the Company, related to rejected freight bills, short payments, rate discrepancies, general aging issues, etc.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability while handling day-to-day challenges confidently, adjusting to multiple demands, and shifting priorities in an environment of ambiguity and rapid change.
- Promote a working environment that encourages employee involvement to achieve operational excellence.
- Actively participates in providing a safe and harmonious working environment for all employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensures that loads are booked and delivered as scheduled.
- Searches for carriers to cover loads in problem areas.
- Qualifies carriers and maintains accurate rate, contract and insurance records.
- Establishes Booked Freight Cost with vendors.
- Negotiates contract rates and conditions with carrier.
- Administers "pallets owed" to vendor program.
- Books loads with appropriate vendor.
- Initializes billbacks to vendors for lost freight opportunities
- Ability to pull data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed
- A Bachelor’s degree in related area (Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations Management, etc.); Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in inventory management, supply chain management, transportation, and distribution center operations.
- Experience as a Manager with direct reporting responsibilities.
- Previous hands-on experience in carrier management and negotiations.
- In-depth experience in freight cost analysis,
- Ability to create, justify and manage local and regional logistics projects that ensure continuous improvement to operations.
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and management skills are a must.
- Ability to engage and influence direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.