Retirement Center Management has a full-time opportunity for a maintenance assistant at our Carriage Inn Katy location an Assisted Living with Memory Care senior living community. The Maintenance Assistant will assist the Director of Maintenance and also may support the driving function.
The Maintenance Assistant is responsible for performing upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning. Responsible for applying basic repair(s) to equipment and building systems and ensures facilities are tidy and functional. Additionally, must drive the community vehicles in support of resident needs. Must desire to work with seniors and have a tolerance for behaviors associated with dementia and other aging processes.
Monday & Tuesday | 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Thursday - Saturday | 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Must be available to work holidays.
$300 Sign On Bonus | $150 after 30 days, $150 after 90 days
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the completion of all maintenance work orders as assigned. Complete make-ready process of vacant resident room as directed by the Supervisor
- Coordinate special projects as directed by the Supervisor.
- Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors as instructed by the Supervisor.
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance service as scheduled.
- Carry pager/cell phone as required for on-call maintenance.
- Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc. as directed by the Supervisor Install appliances and equipment
- Ensures garden/yard upkeep (ie, mowing lawn, collecting trash etc) as scheduled or as otherwise instructed by the Supervisor.
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs, paint, minor plumbing, minor electrical, carpentry, minor HVAC.
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g. ventilation).
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm).
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations.
- Report to the Director of Plant Operations, Manager on Duty and/or Executive Director any safety or maintenance issues.
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines.
- Drive community vehicles in support of resident needs.
- Member of the community’s emergency response team.
- Maintains a professional appearance and good personal hygiene per company policies.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Experience with painting, drywall and general unit make ready
- Basic Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Experience using hand and electric tools
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and clean driving record that meets our insurance standards.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check and drug screening.
Retirement Center Management considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Retirement Center Management are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.