Remote within Canada
Data Analysts at Coconut are independent, resourceful, enjoy working as part of a team to learn, and are always on the lookout for ways to improve our organization’s understanding of our customers and our customers’ understanding of their customers and operations through data. In this role, you will work to provide insight to internal Coconut teams and customers alike using the data captured through our platform. Additionally, you will actively take part in various discussions surrounding visualization design, data modeling, data literacy, data as a product, and story-telling with data.
This is an integral role that allows you to grow, learn and develop your skills while making a real contribution to democratizing data at Coconut.
YOU’RE FIRED UP TO
- Build dashboards and data views for users using various business intelligence tools.
- Identify insights and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Ensure metrics and dashboards are clearly labeled, defined, and consistently maintained to ensure users can reliably trust our data. Including archiving old or no longer applicable metrics and research.
- Troubleshooting data inconsistencies and assisting internal users with leveraging our business intelligence tooling.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to develop data collection, storage, and architecture strategies for downstream reporting and analytics.
- Educate internal teams to improve data literacy and access across the organization.
- Collaborate on predictive model prototypes and ML algorithms that delight users.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Degree in a field that emphasizes data aptitude, and statistical & analytical skills; or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Working experience in a SaaS organization is considered an asset.
- 3+ years applied experience in a quantitative, analytical, or similar field.
- Solid understanding and relevant experience working with:
- interpreting, reporting, and visualizing the results of data analysis. (Looker & LookML experience is considered a strong asset.)
- industry-standard SQL languages. (MySQL, PostgreSQL, RedShift SQL, Maria)
- relational data models, schemas, and data warehousing concepts.
- regression analytics, predictive modeling, and data exploration.
- Interest in developing a security-first mentality.
- A drive to take initiative and be proactive.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally with different teams and departments.
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment with the ability to work independently, prioritize responsibilities, and manage time effectively.
- You push yourself to grow, learn and innovate and sitting idle or stagnant drives you nuts. You’re looking for an opportunity to prove yourself where you can make a genuine impact and where your contribution is recognized. (More than 27% of our team was promoted internally last year alone!)
WHO IS COCONUT SOFTWARE?
Coconut Software makes it effortless for customers to connect with their financial institution. Our enterprise appointment scheduling and lobby management solutions are used by leading banks and credit unions across North America, including RBC Royal Bank, Arvest Bank, Vancity and Rogue Credit Union. The result? A seamless customer experience that’s improved NPS scores, reduced wait times and increased conversion rates for the organizations who use it.
Founded in Saskatoon, by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, we’ve grown to over 75 employees with offices in Saskatoon, Toronto and a remote team distributed across Canada. After completing the Google Accelerator for Startups and having just closed our Series B funding round (raised $28M CDN led by Klass Capital), we have ambitious growth plans to scale the team and continue to bring exciting new products to market!
Company perks include Cabana Days (extra vacation days), our Tiki Bucks Incentive Plan, and an annual wellness spending account, Coconut has a company culture that is best in class. With a foundation in and emphasis on people, passion, and performance, we are seen as the disruptor in our space.
We believe in a world where advisors can create long-lasting relationships with their customers and operate more efficiently.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Cabana Days—our version of a 4-day work week
How does it work? We work regular business hours Monday to Thursday. Then, we’re encouraged to take Fridays off to rest, recharge, and do the things that make us happy.
- Health & Dental Benefits featuring Virtual Care
- Annual Wellness Spending Account
- Remote Work Opportunities
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Internet Subsidy
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Competitive Salaries - we want to pay you fairly based on your experience and expertise, not your ability to negotiate!
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program
- A People First Company - 4.7 rating on Glassdoor
We are proud to have been named as a Great Place to Work in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Best Workplaces for Youth and one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2021.