The Gem City Market Cooperative, Dayton’s first multi-stakeholder community and employee-owned full-service grocery store will have our grand opening soon. We’re looking for dedicated, community-oriented servant leaders to grow with us to achieve our mission: Our mission is to serve, engage, and empower our neighborhoods by providing affordable, high quality food in a clean and welcoming environment that is worker and community owned.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager or Lead, the Cashier will:
- Provide an engaging customer experience through fast, prompt transactions and providing outstanding customer service in a cooperative environment at all times
- Warmly greet customers and end transactions with a pleasant farewell, such as “Thank you for shopping at the Co-op” while also making sure members and nonmembers are aware of the benefits Gem City Market has to offer
- Assist other cashiers and staff with customer service tasks i.e. bagging groceries, selling memberships, related paperwork and trainings,
- Be attentive and responsive to the needs and concerns of members, customers, suppliers, staff, and community, and will communicate these as appropriate in order to positively address them in accordance with Gem City Market’s mission statement
- Maintain a calm and friendly demeanor with all customers and in all situations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience or the desire to work with the public
- Experience serving the public preferred
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Highly Organized with an attention to detail
- Ability to model desirable servant leadership skills and professional conduct
- Ability to work independently within established guidelines
- The willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and some holidays
At the Gem City Market Cooperative we celebrate, respect and thrive on the differences and diversity of all people in solidarity with our community, employees and in everything we do. The Gem City Market Cooperative is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, welcoming all to apply.
If you need assistance or an accommodation with the application, you may contact us at email@example.com or (937) 701-7432.
Rate of pay is based on experience. Great benefits including health, dental and vision will be offered to full time employees. Come be a part of a dynamic team that supports the community through access to food, employment and a great customer experience. Grow your skills and explore a career with us. Apply today!
Gem City Market Cooperative is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled