Coordinates details of closing with lender and Title Company and prepares closing documents. The mortgage closer works with tight deadlines, so a successful candidate will have very strong organization and time management skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Schedule loan closings.
2. Review approval to determine conditions have been met prior to closing.
3. Verify accuracy of documents such as abstract and insurance forms.
4. Prepare and explain closing requirements to settlement agent as needed.
5. Assemble documents and provide detailed instructions to Title Company and lending officer for closing.
6. Work closely with compliance for HMDA purposes.
7. Maintain a “Loan Closing” log to track loan funding and rescission as well as receipt of executed loan package and recorded documents.
8. Process loan proceeds for closings via checks and/or wires.
9. Responsible for loan funding of all portfolio and secondary market loans.
10. Assist in clearing any closing/post-closing conditions; ship files.
11. Prepares all in-house portfolio loan packages using the Laser Pro software and ensure documentation is complete and accurate; follow up on any discrepancies.
12. Assist loan processors with renewals when necessary, time permitting.
13. Provide support to other areas of the department and promotes business for the bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to the appropriate staff for new service.
14. Adhere to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
15. Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
• Experience in Laser Pro is required
• Knowledge of Calyx a plus
• 2 Years of Mortgage Loan experience required.
• Ability to multitask.
• Exceptional organizational skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft office suite.
• Ability to coordinate and prioritize workday effectively.
• Must be a self-starter, conscientious, comfortable with detail.
• Ability to exhibit professionalism in communication skills
• Employee must work well under pressure, meeting multiple and conflicting deadlines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled