Front Desk Supervisor - Kent Island Resort
Experience with room block management a huge plus!
At VIV MEE Hospitality we believe our teammates are the most important investment we can ever make. Benefits of this role include: career advancement opportunities, a positive/growth mindset work culture, free golf, health benefits, 401K, company purchased life-insurance, discounts on VIV MEE resort stays, merchandise, and meals. MOST IMPORTANTLY, we offer a community of teammates just like you. We seek to only attract: positive, driven, and caring teammates who already live by their own code of standards in alignment with our VIV MEE Virtues. We believe this positive culture is the greatest benefit our team can offer to new teammates. You will be welcomed here!
Summary of the Role and Responsibilities: Front Desk Supervisor supervises front desk team members to ensure efficient and smooth operations for producing excellent feedback and guest satisfaction. Responds in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services. The Front Desk supervisor is a pivotal role that will be responsible for ensuring the team adhere to operational and service standards and addressing customer concerns and ensuring quality service to all hotels and visiting guests while ensuring all VIV MEE standards of excellence are met.
- Promote and portray the VIV MEE Values.
- Know, understand, and adhere to company established policies and procedures.
- To manage the phone operations of the Resort. Paying close attention to training and the expedition of all calls to the proper departments, quickly, efficiently and professionally. Ensures Outstanding customer care at all times
- Maintains a friendly, professional, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times
- Accurately answers inquiries from potential guests and accepts hotel reservations. Consistently
- resolves guest problems and complaints in an efficient manner while demonstrating a sense of urgency.
- Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns in a timely fashion
- Train and manage hotel staff in customer service.
- To manage reservations by telephone and by e-mail/website reservations system.
- Manage front desk services to include tending to the needs of all hotel guests, i.e. coordinating reservations, transportation, special room needs.
- Work closely with the hotel housekeeping manager to ensure guest rooms are clean as well as public areas inside the hotel and surrounding adjacent areas.
- Generate/receive work orders for any repairs that must be done in guest rooms and surrounding adjacent areas.
- Collection of room revenues both private and corporate as appropriate. Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue
- Hire and recommend termination of all hotel staff (termination requires the approval of the Asst General Manager of Operations.
- Expedite the setup of guest complimentary continental breakfast every day in accordance with approved company policy.
- Communicate with the restaurant front and back-of-the-house all room reservations, cancellations and changes in the number of guests for a booked reservation that are received at the hotel front desk (this will help ensure the hotel restaurant is open to serve our guests).
- Manage hotel security.
- Recommend, prepare, and/or authorize purchase orders for hotel commodities such as bed linens, towels, toiletries, cleaning consumables, etc.
- Completing employee performance reviews in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Bachelors in Hospitality or Hotel Management preferred
- At least two years Hotel Front Desk experience preferred
- Experience with room block management
About Kent Island Resort: Kent Island Resort is a National Treasure with a history and reputation that extends across America and reaches back in time to its 1820 founding. Kent Island Resort possesses the opportunity to fully live the VIV MEE experience - offering guests the chance to separate from technology, experience nature, and to revive their soul. Kent offers numerous ways for guests to experience connection. We have curated culinary experiences, wine tasting events, luxurious guest rooms, hands-on workshops, music events, festivals, and connection with nature. Our Catering & Events are central to our entire business operation. We especially cherish the trust that brides and families invest in us to deliver on their holistic wedding experience. Weddings are the pinnacle expression of our mission and we seek to improve our design, delivery and overall experience for the bride as well as the entire wedding party.
The culture at Kent Island Resort is built on our shared core VIV MEE Virtues of: JOY, HUMILITY, & MINISTRY. JOY means that we are a true team made up of teammates who sincerely enjoy serving others and winning together. For us HUMILITY means that we recognize the infinite dignity of each other (both team members & guests) and that we seek to be helpful to everyone no matter what is asked. Additionally, we are not afraid to ask for help or admit when we make a mistake. Our version of MINISTRY means we want our hospitality to become a true gift for our guests. We have the power to transform our duties from merely a task to be completed into a means to show love for our guests. We believe this power of intentionality has the capacity to revive the souls of our guests and our team. We hire, fire, reward, and praise our team members based on these characteristics, so it is essential that candidates are inspired to grow in these VIV MEE virtues in order to be a part of this wonderful team.
â€œThis is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).â€
Kent Manor Inn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In Compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, Kent Manor may provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals and encourage both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodation with the employer.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position