Ability Matters is excited to provide this opportunity for you to join our team where you will develop, utilize, and gain a variety of skills. Whether you are a natural born leader or someone who fulfills a needed role in a group setting, this is a position for you. We pride ourselves on our team-oriented atmosphere and reputation for excellence.
What You Will Experience
- You will learn how to seek out new opportunities for Individuals with disabilities.
- You will learn and demonstrate the benefits of Ability Matters’ services and solutions for day-to-day needs.
- You will develop and present proposals tailored to address each client's specific needs.
- You will learn how to strengthen partnerships with staff, individuals with disabilities, and their families.
- You will obtain experience in the field working with individuals with disabilities.
- You will learn how to identify and establish relationships with key decision makers to secure high quality service.
- You will spend 10 hours a week fulfilling your internshipment responsibilities. Additional hours are available if desired.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- You bring a high level of energy and are committed to achieve your goals in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills enabling you to present ideas clearly.
- You have a desire to grow your knowledge and skillset as you build your career.
- You are open to sharing problem solving skills to offer impactful solutions.
- You are personable, outgoing and enjoy networking, which builds impactful relationships.
Experience, Education and Certifications
- 1 to 2 years college experience.
- A valid driver's license and reliable transportation is required.
- Pass a Background check and drug test. (paid by Ability Matters)
- Obtain CPR/First Aid (paid by Ability Matters)
- College experience is preferred.
Ability Matters Offers:
- A Competitively Paid Internship Experience
- On-the job professional development training
- Exciting work supporting innovative inclusion services for individuals with disabilities.
About Ability Matters
At Ability Matters, we are proud to provide services for individuals with autism and other neurological disabilities, with an emphasis on community inclusion for all. Our services are personalized and individualized for each of our individuals with disabilities by our four departments: education, intervention, housing and day services. Driven by our core values, we provide outstanding care to our consumers and their families because we all have the Ability to Matter.
We are proud of our reputation of providing high-end services that drive innovation in the field of disabilities. Our award-winning staff at Ability Matters values inclusion, diversity, and community. We are proud that our programs lead the industry while exceeding state and federal standards.
At Ability Matters, you will work for an amazing company with growth opportunities and talented, passionate co-workers.
Join Ability Matters and help drive innovation as we transform the services for individuals with disabilities in the community.
Ability Matters is an equal opportunity employer and stands committed to affirmative action.