ECO Canada is the steward for the Canadian environmental workforce across all industries. From job creation and wage funding, to training and labour market research – we champion the end-to-end career of an environmental professional. We work with the federal, provincial, and municipal governments in all Canadian regions to support economic growth and environmental stewardship as best practice.
For over 20 years we have been connecting environmental employers and skilled junior talent through employment programs that offer wage subsidies to drive valuable on-the-job work experience and essential skills training. Our programs provide eligible employers a portion of a candidate's salary for co-op and full-time environmental jobs. As a team, we have created over 7500 jobs and are now looking for someone to elevate the program to the next level. If you are up for the challenge, you might be ECO Canada’s new Program Lead, Acquisitions and Engagement.
When you work at ECO Canada, you are supporting the growth of an abundant environmental workforce. Along with competitive benefits and compensation, we provide the opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team that values collaboration, high performance and, of course, celebrating our successes! We believe that rewarding, meaningful work should be part of every step of the career journey.
As a leading member of the Employment Programs, your role is to help develop and execute the program strategy to ensure there is an adequate supply of qualified professionals to meet the needs of Canada’s growing environmental workforce. The successful candidate will excel in creating and leveraging relationships with key stakeholders including industry and academic partners and be able to exceed internal and external program targets.
- Support the day-to-day Employment Programs team activities which include the strategy, design, and execution of the project plan, communication, and operational requirements.
- Create and maintain relationships with external partners and key stakeholders within post-secondary institutions and career advancement service providers in order to see program growth and success.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, determine and implementing process improvements and reviews.
- Participate in budget forecasting activities and scheduling expenditures.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding, performance management and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Maintain dashboard of program success metrics and results and identify if targets are being met, surpassed, or behind.
Marketing Support and Collaboration
- Lead the strategy and collaboration of marketing and promotional initiatives that could include in-person events, key stakeholder engagement, and on-site participation.
- Participate in the development of new funding initiatives and proposal development.
- Other special project assistance may be required.
Acquisitions and Fulfillment
- Coordinate and participate in site visits for the purposes of program evaluation and customer relationship management.
- Lead event coordination and promotional strategy for program success.
- Develop and maintain acquisition and cross-promotional goals and metrics.
- Support reporting and analytics of the Employment Programs.
- Resolve escalated customer issues and customer complaints by clarifying information, emphasizing benefits, and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Maintain a deep understanding of customer needs and monitor their preferences.
- Identify business opportunities, and convert warm leads, and seek out partnerships.
- Stay up to date on the company’s current product and service offerings.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to increased program participation.
- Be an ambassador of ECO Canada by promoting ECO’s products and services to create and enhance relationships.
The incumbent should have demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to connect with people working in all areas of the environment sector.
- Great attitude and ability to maintain control while executing multiple initiatives and delegating activities.
- Exceptional organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Great presentation and communication skills.
- Desire to work in a results-focused environment.
- Motivated self-starter with a readiness to adapt to a variety of situations.
- Able to develop and manage budgets and project reporting requirements.
- Previous knowledge or desire to learn about Canada’s environmental workforce.
Qualifications and Education
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business or project management related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in coaching and supervising staffing resources at various levels.
- Expert level computer skills and experience with MS Office, particularly with Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- 2-3 years of experience in project management and fulfillment requirements, preferably in the environmental industry.
- Comfortable working in a variety of online platforms such as Dynamics CRM, MS Project, etc.
- Must be willing to travel periodically throughout Canada (when travel restrictions are lifted).
- EP designation considered an asset.
This role is a full-time position, with a three-month probationary period upon start date. If you feel you are the perfect fit for the position and looking to join a company culture that is fun, flexible and defined by our collective drive for success, then please submit your resume and cover letter via our website www.eco.ca/career. Please upload your resume and cover letter as one PDF file. Applicants who do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.