Want a job where you can see the impact you're making every day? Are you a strong communicator with a deep sense of compassion? Come work for one of BC's top non-profit societies!
The Phoenix Society is dedicated to providing accessible services and opportunities to people who face barriers related to addiction, mental health, housing, education, criminal justice involvement and/or employment.
Our Emergency Response Centre (ERC) in Coquitlam provides temporary shelter support to those people who are currently experiencing homelessness. Emergency Support Workers are part of a team responsible for providing day-to-day support, supervision, and monitoring of residents in the Emergency Response Centre.
- Monitoring homeless residents that and assisting with the day to day operations of the centre.
- Follow recommendations from BC Housing, Fraser Health, BCCDC and medical professionals on monitoring daily activities of residents.
- Promote good relations (builds rapport and trust, accepts and expresses suggestions or feedback in a positive, constructive manner, being sensitive to the needs and feelings of others).
- Assist in the orientation and training of new staff in the service model.
- Administrative tasks such as
- Assisting with case documentation
- Database entries
- Preparing new client files
- Professionally answering phones
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Two (2) year diploma from a post-secondary education and training relevant to the social services field, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Recent related experience of at least one (1) year
- Knowledge/familiarity with related resources such as: Mental Health, Income Assistance, Harm Reduction, Addictions Support organizations, etc.
- Ability to apply trauma-informed practices
- Crisis Intervention and Naloxone training is an asset
- Strong collaborative approach to delivering and developing programs and services
- Proven communication and conflict resolution skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Effectively communicate professionally, verbally and written in English
- Effectively utilize Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook and central data systems
- Current First Aid/CPR
- Criminal Records check for working with vulnerable populations
SCHEDULE: Tuesday to Saturday 8am to 4pm, until return of incumbent.
We look forward to your application!
Phoenix Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants to apply and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.