ABOUT VERTAVA HEALTH:
Vertava Health is a leading national behavioral healthcare system for mental health and substance use disorders, providing a full continuum of services based on the individuals' varying needs at different times in their health and recovery journey. We apply evidence-based treatment modalities at every level of care and embed digital health tools to enhance and amplify clinical outcomes. With a growing list of Joint Commission accredited inpatient and outpatient locations across the country, a virtual care platform and a national network of healthcare providers, Vertava Health pioneers care that empowers people so that they can live out their best future.
In order to make this possible, Vertava Health is seeking an exceptional Admissions Operations Coordinator to join our team!
The Admissions Operations Coordinator will be reviewing admissions for medical fitness, profitability and do so with a sense of urgency. This role will perform calls to verify benefits and eligibility. The Admissions Operations Coordinator will take payments, send admissions and monitor travel while working closely with Admission Specialists as well as facility personnel to create a safe and expedient admission experience for everyone involved.
Priority Responsibilities Include:
- Review and approve pre-screening
- Review and log determinations
- Review and send admits to the facilities
- Take credit card and ACH payments
- Ensure that pharmacy co-pay arrangements are secured
- Provides prompt, courteous, and excellent service to internal and external contacts always
- Actively cooperate and collaborate with other departments to advance the overall interest of the company
- Monitor Patient travel
- Periodic checks of patient's insurance status while in treatment
- Contact insurance companies to verify coverage levels
- Correct and update any error in initial demographics for the insurance carrier and or potential client
- Verify and report general client information for the facilitation billing and collections activities
- Analyze and resolve benefits and insurance information, ensuring reconciliation of data within company-defined deadline, and in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Act as liaison by working with other teams in the identification and resolution of outstanding issues to
- Complete client information record
- VA Program support and maintenance
Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and be self-motivated with the ability to work effectively while unsupervised. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent telephone and computer skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills a must
- Excellent time-management skills
- Detailed oriented
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to successfully multitask and be able to work with large volumes
- Understands medical terminology and financial concepts and general business function
- Must be able to type 45+ WPM and have demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, Excel, and Word
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to sit, use hands and fingers, talk and hear continually. Ability to stand, walk and reach continually. Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Close vision required to see computer monitor, read documents, and operate copy and fax machine.
- Work environment is indoors and climate controlled. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Vertava Health is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled