Summary: We are looking for a Line Cook to prepare high-quality and delicious food for our taproom and Brew Yard guests. You will prepare dishes that will delight customers with the taste and timely delivery out of our new kitchen. Must be able to follow instructions and work as a team. A cook should possess proficient knife skills, as well as a thorough understanding of basic cooking equipment. Candidates should be comfortable working in fast-paced environments in which quality work is of the utmost importance. Positive and energetic interaction with other team members is required. Opportunity for growth and promotion is available and encouraged. The goal is to help maintain and strengthen our reputation as the destination for incredible food and craft beer in an amazing environment.
● Set up workstations with the required ingredients and cooking equipment
● Ensure great presentation of all dishes before they are served
● Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
● Ensure all food and other items are stored safely & properly
● Stock, date, rotate and check the temperature of products
● Continuously check the quality of ingredients
● Follow recipes and product directions for preparing food
● Working as a team and helping wherever needed
Required Knowledge & Skills
● General food safety knowledge (SERV Safe Preferred)
● At least 1 year cooking experience in a full-service restaurant
A high school diploma or a GED typically is required. Light amounts of lifting (usually less than 20 pounds) may be required as well. A typical work day is a minimum of eight hours and includes kitchen preparation during the times the restaurant is not in a meal rush.
· New kitchen and equipment being installed
· Ability to have suggestions for new scratch menu options
· Ability to have suggestions for special event menu options
Qualified applicants only. Please email resumes to email@example.com
About Wachusett Brewing Company
Wachusett Brewing Company was founded by three college buddies who developed a significant appreciation for craft beer during their adventures of camping, biking, canoeing, and hiking around New England. Armed with a “we can do this” attitude, the three cast off from the careers in engineering and biology to pursue their passion to make great craft beer in their hometown.
They started brewing at one of the founder’s family farm in our hometown of Westminster, MA. After eventually draining the family well they were “encouraged” to find a new home, which they did, and it is still our home to this day.
Wachusett continues to pursue its passion for making great craft beer with a wide variety of ales and lagers that are still made with the same “we can do this” attitude that started the brewery over 27 years ago.
Today we have grown to include a tap room in Westminster and Worcester. In addition, we co-pack for some of the Northeast’s premier brands.
At Wachusett Brewing Company, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal-opportunity employment. This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job and not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, tasks and duties. EOE/M/F/D/V