Crystal Springs has an exciting opportunity in one of our premier food venues as a Sous Chef! If you have a passion for the culinary arts and want to take your career to the next level, then Crystal Springs could be the next stop for you!
Located within the clubhouse at Grand Cascades Lodge, the Crystal Tavern showcases the best of local New Jersey farmers and purveyors. Executive Chef Aishling Stevens crafts a menu that evolves with the seasons and pairs well with artisanal cocktails, microbrews and wines from Crystal Springs’ award-winning wine cellar. Breathtaking mountain and sunset views complement an extraordinary dining experience.
Your responsibilities will consist of, but are not limited to:
- Create and promote a safe working environment
- Ensure quality, consistency, and adherence to culinary standards based on Crystal Spring Resort Higher Education Operational Excellence.
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities.
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food, select, and develop recipes, standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality, establish presentation technique and quality standards, plan, and price menus.
- Ensure culinary equipment are properly operated and maintained .
- Oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques.
- Assist in supervision of kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews, and initiating pay increases.
- Responsible for component menu planning, costing, and brand management.
- Ensure component compliance with sanitation and safety requirements.
- Support regional sales and retention efforts when appropriate.
- Coordinate activities with other internal departments and participate in management team meetings.
- Interface with vendors and key service users within client organization.
- Ensure menu changing follow by the season based on local ingredients
- Support farmers and local produce
Qualified candidates would have:
- Leadership qualities
- Minimum 1 year working in a high volume environment
- Minimum 2 years working as a manager
- Culinary degree a plus
- Serve Safe Certification a plus
About Crystal Springs
Crystal Springs Resort is a spectacular NJ vacation destination, acclaimed as the New York Metro area's most unique four-season resort. Located in the rolling farmland of the Garden State’s picturesque northwest, our world-class NJ resort is just an hour from New York City, and even closer to most northern and central NJ towns. Crystal Springs Resort offers so much to experience, you may come to think of our 4,000+ acre getaway as a playground for all ages. Golf, Spa, Dining, Weddings, Catering & more