Content Specialist - Victoria Royals & GSL Group
Who we are:
The Victoria Royals are a Canadian major junior ice hockey team currently members of the B.C. Division of the Western Conference in the Western Hockey League (WHL). The Royals are based in Victoria, British Columbia, and play their home games at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre.
GSL Group is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. with offices and operations also located in Victoria and Kelowna. We have a wide range of businesses including E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Real Estate Development and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities).
Our Marketing department is growing, and we are looking for a full time Content Specialist. This position will be based out of Victoria, British Columbia. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, our ideal candidate will be experienced in running social media activities on all platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn, etc.), as well as content creation.
You will become the online voice of the Victoria Royals!
A day in the life:
- Manages our content and social media platforms, including being the voice of GSL’s multiple business units, especially with our festivals, concerts and our hockey team, the Victoria Royals.
- Develops and executes social media strategies and maximize GSL’s social media presence across a variety of social media platforms.
- Attend all Victoria Royals home games to produce live social media content, as well as concerts and musical festival where necessary
- You get the chance to create and continuously manage a social media content calendar for our multiple business units on a variety of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, etc.) while also integrating any new and upcoming social media platforms.
- Research and keep up to date on emerging industry trends and identify how we can implement them without our own channels.
- Is a subject matter expert in paid digital media, including media planning and buying strategies, premier digital partners/ad platforms, audience segmentation/targeting, data management, and campaign optimization.
- Work closely with internal business partners to synthesize overall marketing strategy and goals for each event/concert/hockey game and ensure digital media plans seamlessly integrate with other marketing channels (e.g. traditional media, organic social, PR).
- Ensure all content is optimized across all platforms and user experiences (web, mobile, social)
- Assist the Creative Designer and Digital Marketing Specialist with some graphic design projects, including photography and video production.
- Assist with employer branding.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by the Senior Director of Marketing.
You own this if you have:
- 2+ years of experience within a similar capacity
- Has a bachelors or college degree, preferably in marketing, advertising, communications or a combination of both education and experience
- Thorough understanding of the ‘world of sports business’ including a passion for the game of hockey
- photoshop skills is a plus
- Proven experience and results in growing other brands
- Experience in photography, video production, and video editing software
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience in sports and entertainment
- Knowledge of hockey
- Broad understanding of marketing, advertising, and digital communications
- The ability to think creatively as it pertains to developing marketing and activation campaigns
- Time management skills
- Creativity and a proactive attitude
Benefits, perks & other cool stuff:
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive salary
- Employer paid dental & extended health coverage
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, in a variety of industries
- Remote working
due to Covid-19
is very important to us at GSL! We want someone who, along with having the
above qualifications, is also passionate and driven. You have a ‘can-do’,
positive attitude and enjoy collaborating and working in teams. If this sounds
like you, please apply today - we can’t wait to discuss the role in more detail
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position