The Landmark Parking Valet Attendant is responsible for parking and retrieving customer cars for a diverse clientele. All Valet Attendants are expected to drive in a safe manner at all times and present a professional appearance while interacting with customers in a friendly and courteous manner. Valet Attendants play a crucial role in making sure all customers are given a professional, courteous and timely valet service. Valet Drivers must be able to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission (stick shift).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prompt arrival every scheduled day.
- Communicating with co-workers, management, clients and customers in a clear and coherent manner; no slang or ‘text-speak’.
- Neat and clean appearance, remaining in full uniform during scheduled shifts.
- Assisting customers in and out of their vehicle.
- Inspecting each vehicle before taking possession and marking tickets of findings; alerting customer any damage before taking charge of the vehicle.
- Immediately reporting any mishaps or accidents.
- Reporting any observed or suspected violations of company policy, safety hazards or other unusual occurrences to management.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of the major streets, landmarks, and freeways in the area of the lot to be able to provide customer directions.
- Respond to customer questions, issues and concerns in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Employ safe driving practices and adherence to applicable driving laws at all times.
- Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education/Experience Required: Less than High School education or minimum of one-month related experience, training or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior valet driving experience preferred.
- License Requirement: All valet employees will be required to have and maintain a valid state driver's license with a current address and clean driving record. A clean driving record is defined as: valid in the state of service, clear from pending action due to driving infractions and no more than one at-fault accident in the past year. All valet attendants must be able to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission (stick shift).
- Scheduled Availability: Other than standard day-light shift assignments, if any, will vary depending on a location's service requirements. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or weekends may be required.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers and other employees of the company.
- Customer Service Skills: Ability to effectively respond positively to customer problems or complaints in a calm and accommodating manner.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform simple math calculations; addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Valet attendants must have the ability to perform these operations using standard units of U.S. currency.
- Appearance: All valet attendants will be required to maintain a professional, neat and clean appearance and be in complete uniform at all times. No excessive jewelry, clothing accessories or other articles not issued as part of the Landmark Parking valet uniform.
- Physical Demands: In the performance of a typical valet operation, employees are typically required to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time in order to park and retrieve customer vehicles. Employees are required to be able to speak and be able to hear at levels consistent with normal levels of traffic noise and human interaction*. Valet drivers must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (parking related equipment).
* Landmark Parking, Inc. will work within the guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable State and Local laws to accommodate any and all employees with disabilities. We will make every attempt to provide a workplace environment conducive to an employee’s ability to perform his other responsibilities without limitation or undue duress. It is the responsibility of the prospective applicant and all Landmark Parking, Inc. employees to make Human Resources aware of any disability or performance limiting constraints.