Overview: The payroll and logistics specialist is
responsible for assisting operations schedulers with effective
timekeeping, reporting of payroll KPI, assisting in audits, processing payroll,
and all licensing/logistic functions related to personal and MDHHS licensed
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintains a good working relationship with
clients, representatives, management team, and public safety officials.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes to employee
information or benefits.
- Preparing payroll reports and summaries.
- Resolving payroll discrepancies and answering any employee payroll
- Administers payroll system and applications as needed
- Process wage garnishments
- Processing payroll
- Work with Finance/AP on payroll reporting
- Maintaining payroll operations according to company policies and
- Processing and issuing W-2 forms
- Maintains employee credentialing records, conducts audits as
12. Vehicle licensing for MDHHS.
- Assists with CAAS Application and site review
14. Other duties as assigned.
experience with payroll and scheduling software and/or applications.
implementing a cloud-based payroll system preferred.
High level of
interpersonal communication skills necessary.
professional organizational skills required for timely responses to inquires
necessary in order to analyze and complete statistical reports and develop,
implement, and monitor the effectiveness of programs to evaluate personnel.
including Microsoft Office Suite required, extension Excel and Microsoft BI
payroll, garnishments and benefit distribution
Current or former
EMT/Paramedic experience desired
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Physical Skills: Normally, assigned to work in an office environment,
where there is little exposure to dust, dirt, noise, and the like. Must be able
to sit for extended periods of time.
Visual Activity: Able to see and to discriminate detail in written
documents and messages from a computer screen.
Auditory Activity: Good skills to distinguish sounds like normal
Sensory Activity: Normal motor skills required, such as being able to
type on a computer keyboard and to drive an automobile.
Verbal Activity: Ability to communicate clearly with a wide variety of
employees and patients, families, co-workers, and public groups.
Other: Occasionally required to travel.
Medstar Ambulance Michigan is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled