We are seeking Paving Operators to join our Paving Division. we are looking to grow our workforce by 15% for the Spring of 2022. As an equipment operator at Berg, you will operate a variety of heavy equipment
in a safe and effective manner to place and compact asphalt. We are looking for
long-term candidates who value the opportunity for future advancement that our
- Candidate must have working knowledge of and
understand the screed on an 8’ and 10’ paver.
- Candidate will have the ability to operate skid
steer with broom and milling head attachments.
- Candidate will need to be able to do labor and
other assigned duties as required.
- Candidate will need a knowledge of PennDOT
standards and specifications.
- Must be pleasant to both internal and external
customers, while maintaining a professional attitude and demeanor.
- Able to follow a task to completion
- Able to work as part of a team, or independently
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to
handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, as well as reach with hands
- Frequently required to stand, talk and hear instructions,
walk sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision. Depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be flexible with last minute schedule
changes, location changes, time of shift changes.
- Must have personal transportation to job sites
located throughout Chester County, Berks, Lancaster, Delaware and Montgomery