Position: Team Lead, Drilling
Job Vacancy Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Schedule: Rotational (shifts may vary). Overtime may be required. Must be able to respond to emergency situations
Role: Seasonal, concluding March 31st, 2019
Supervisor: Ian MacNeil, Manager of Field Services
As Terracon continues to grow with new projects, we now need to add a Team Lead for our Drilling team in Fort McMurray. The Team Lead oversees all components related to both minor and major projects at various client sites. While collaborating with the Manager, Field Services, the Team Lead supervises and coordinates multiple projects of varying scopes and complexity by addressing client concerns and ensuring adequate staffing levels and resources are available to complete projects deliverables.
This role will also be required to perform field work on an ad hoc basis to maintain operational effectiveness and project profitability.
This is a seasonal role concluding March 31, 2018 at which time the successful candidate will return to prior duties, although the site may vary depending on availability.
· With the support of the HSE Team, ensure all employees possess the appropriate safety training and mentoring to complete work safely;
· With the support of the Training Team, take the lead to ensure Short Service Employees are properly supported with an assigned mentor and that all SSE documentation is properly completed and submitted. Ensure that work is only being completed by competent employees;
· Lead field Drilling processes, and provide technical support to all Drill Monitors
· Ensure all employees complete required daily documentation including Field Level Risk Assessments, field monitoring logs, Replicon timesheets, LEMs, and specific client reporting functions;
· Complete, at a minimum, one site inspection or job observation per month through eCompliance;
· Ensure that all team members participate in monthly safety meetings and complete at least one proactive report per month;
· Lead incident investigations with detailed documentation and follow-up with response to clients, action items, non-conformance reports, and disciplinary action as required;
· Meet with clients to determine project needs, expectations, and schedules then provide execution recommendations to achieve project deliverables;
· Provide ongoing supervision, monitoring and document review to ensure teams are meeting project deliverables throughout the project life cycle;
· Address client concerns and maintain client relationships;
· Listen to employee concerns and then actively support the employee to reconcile those concerns;
· Provide regular performance feedback to employees including performance coaching, annual performance reviews and personal development discussions;
· Ensure that all employees and projects follow Terracon’s Quality Management System, and Safety Program.
· A relevant technical diploma or degree in Geology
· An active G.I.T. designation with APEGA is considered an asset
· A minimum of 2 years of field based experience, preferably in an oil sands drilling role
· Supervisory experience and/or training is an asset
· Strong technical background and construction industry experience
· Ability to work under pressure
· Excellent time management and prioritization skills
· The ability to adapt to clients ever changing needs
· Excellent verbal and communications skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· The ability to listen and respond appropriately to the needs of clients and employees
· Be a leader in the promotion of Terracon's safety culture