Are you a West Virginia or Pennsylvania EMT and want a great paying EMT position in Maryland?
Would you love a job where you can make a difference in someone's life every single shift?
How about an opportunity in one of the largest commercial ambulance companies in Maryland with the best team of Critical Care Nurses, ALS and BLS providers?
Consider a career in inter-facility transport with Butler Medical Transport!
We currently have full and part-time openings for Emergency Medical Technicians (MD EMT-B) in our Cumberland location.
We offer extremely competitive pay that includes hourly shift bonuses of up to $5 per hour more for nights and weekends!
We can also help you get your MD EMT certification if you are a current out-of-state provider.
Our benefits package includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Life, Short/Long Term Disability, Accident and Critical Illness Insurances
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Premium pay for holidays
- Retirement Savings
- Tuition Assistance to obtain your EMT, Paramedic or RN certification/license
- Flexible scheduling
- Updated free uniforms
- Discounts with our vendor partners like Verizon
- Provide the highest level of customer service by rendering competent patient care in both pre-hospital and inter-facility setting in a timely, safe manner.
- Compliance with all applicable protocols for emergency treatment and transportation as per company policy and/or local agencies
- Safely operate and maintain all equipment and tools relevant to an EMT
- Clean and maintain the cleanliness of Butler Medical Transport’s property, including, but not limited to, vehicles, equipment, buildings, and surrounding areas
- Communicate pertinent patient information to other members of the health care profession as needed within HIPAA guidelines
- Accurately and completely document information required by Butler Medical, including PCRs, Daily Vehicle pre-trip inspection, and Daily Equipment Inventory forms
- Maintain a clean appearance, demonstrating courteous, professional and ethical behavior, and work cooperatively
- Safely operate and maintain an emergency vehicle and compliance with all laws pertaining to the operation of an emergency vehicle (if approved to drive)
- Compliance with local, state and regional emergency medical service operations, regulations, and laws
- Demonstrate physical ability to perform all tasks required in the performance of duties as an EMT
- Sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Walk frequently
- Bend, squat, twist, reach
- Push and pull a stretcher with patients up to 350 pounds
- Climb into the truck (step up and down 15”-20”) frequently
- Physically lift patients with a partner of up to 350 pounds
- Frequently lift and/or move more than 200 pounds including lifting, moving and carrying patients up and down stairs
- Work shift lengths up to 18 hours long
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Maintain current Valid Driver’s License (if driving company vehicles)
- Maintain, on file, current and valid EMT Basic Certification in the State of Maryland
- Maintain, on file, current and valid American Heart Association BLS (CPR) Provider certification.
Butler Medical Transport is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin.