Job Title: Recruiter I
Location: Bethesda, MD
Hours: Full time 40 hours/week M-F
Type of hire: Long-term Temp (6+ months) with the potential to become perm.
Our client is seeking a Recruiter 1 to support the Human Resources Department located at Headquarters in Bethesda, MD.
Were you a STEM major who helped with hiring efforts in the lab and you’re looking to transition out of the lab? Are you someone who has conducted study recruiting within clinical research and you’re looking to use those skills in a more business setting? Or are you someone who has been supporting a recruiting team communicating with candidates on a day to day basis who is organized and creative looking for that next step in your career? If so, this is the stepping stone to the next level of your career!
In this role you will grow your sourcing and recruiting techniques touching most aspects of the recruiting life cycle while supporting an incredible cause helping to advance military medicine supporting research teams around the world! Your recruiting efforts will support departments/programs focusing in infectious disease, traumatic brain injury and mental health, clinical rehab, cancer research, combat casualty care, human performance, precision medicine.
• Identify and screen qualified candidates for employment opportunities. This includes supporting positions ranging from Lab Intern to Scientific Director for positions local to the DC Metro area, sites around the US, and around the world.
• Build applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, social media venues, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; maintaining rapport.
• Proactively recruit/headhunt candidates from job sites and networking.
• Determine applicant qualifications by screening applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
• Build a pipeline of candidates for potential opportunities with the company across several geographic regions.
• Sourcing from various venues to include LinkedIn, University boards, Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, Handshake, etc) in addition to University forums and list servs.
• Conduct Reference Checks for candidates as required.
• Coordinate in person, video and phone interviews with hiring managers and program managers. Send confirmation emails to candidate and interview panels.
• Screen resumes from UltiPro, LinkedIn, General Screening.
• Answer recruiting hotline with candidate recruiting inquiries, questions regarding candidate job search, and conducts brief screens with potential candidates.
• Send/discuss benefits to candidates who have been screened and are selected to interview (alongside interview confirmation).
• Coordinate and attend university career fairs, open houses, and networking events.
• Build relationships with Career contacts and professors.
• Attend program meetings and intake calls as needed.
• Utilize Microsoft Word to submit screens and references, Microsoft Excel for recruiting data management, PowerPoint for presentation creation, UltiPro for administrative recruiting functions, Zoom/Teams for Video Interviews, other software as required.
• Serve as back up to other Recruiters as required.
• Assist with onboarding/transition of new awards as required.
• Additional ad hoc projects as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Strong organizational and tracking skills, strong written and verbal communication, strong attention to detail, ability to collaborate in a team environment, initiative and self-motivated. Basic Word and strong Excel proficiency. Experienced with Outlook calendar. Ability to work in a high volume fast-paced environment. Ability to evaluate the professional attitude and technical competencies of candidates. Must be deadline driven with an ability to prioritize. Previous experience with Video software (Zoom, Skype, etc), scientific or medical recruiting experience preferred, and UltiPro experience a strong plus.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Minimum Experience: 0 to 2 years’ experience in recruitment or HR; preferably within healthcare, staffing, government contracting, or scientific setting.
Physical Capabilities: Long periods of sitting at a computer
Travel: Currently there is no travel; during non-COVID “standard operations”, there may be 10-15% local travel for job fairs, conferences, program visits, and benefits roadshow.
Work Environment: Office environment.
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.