The Project Manager oversees the progress of assigned construction projects by RIHS to ensure that projects meet set expectations, comply with appropriate codes and regulations, are safely completed on time and within budget, and allow for uninterrupted patient care. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned project objectives. Responsible for multiple complex projects while promoting and protecting the interests of RIHS, its patients, staff, and guests.
Essential Job Duties:
- Continuously monitor and supervise construction activities for professional workmanship and cohesiveness with existing infrastructure.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules. Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path items.
- Manage all aspects of a project, from start to finish, including renovation projects and ground- up construction.
- Monitor work environment to ensure it’s safe during construction activity for patients, employees, staff, vendors, and guests in accordance with policies, procedures, standards, and practices set by RIHS and all local and state agencies.
- Effectively coordinate various phases of construction with multiple departments and various employee levels to avoid or minimize disruptions to the patient care or work environment and ensure continual department functioning.
- In conjunction with the Director of Construction, develop and analyze reports on the progress of construction, materials used and costs. Recommend and implement modifications to improve project progress. Adjust work schedule and project scope as necessary.
- Assist in defining initial project scope, project goals and expectations with multiple parties and consultants. Contribute to review and selection of contractors.
- Review all change orders for relevancy and fair pricing in conjunction with Director of Construction
- Interact with local and state officials on filing and code compliance issues.
- Closely monitor project details, submittals, RFIs, and related documentation. Conduct project meetings and prepare reports to communicate the status of the project.
- Abide by and demonstrate the company’s mission, vision, and values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in Project Management required
- Five years of construction management experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Strong knowledge of State, The Joint Commission, NFPA, and Life Safety Code preferred.
- Experience as Owner’s representative preferred.
- Experience in managing major design and construction projects required.
- Experience in managing multiple projects required.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents, plans, specifications, and manufacturer product data pertaining to building operations.
- General knowledge of carpentry, electrical, HVAC, mechanical and plumbing required.
- Must have good multi-tasking skills. Will be expected to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Speaks clearly and expresses self well in one-on-one conversations and groups.
- Ability to perform on-site inspections and observations during all phases of a construction project.
- Familiarity with a spreadsheet, word processing, and computer software programs necessary to effectively fulfill job requirements. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Identifies, defines and analyzes information and situations before recommending a course of action
- Proven organizational, interpersonal communication (verbal, written, and oral), supervisory, and applicable computer skills required.
- Effectively manages own time and resources
- Self-starter, motivated, and responsible.
- Ability to travel up to 50-75% of the time Monday-Friday including overnight travel
- Great work environment and work-life balance
- Opportunity for growth and development
- Competitive salary
- Travel expenses paid
- Cell phone and company laptop
- Benefits: Health, dental, vision, employee wellness program, and supplemental insurance
Regency Integrated Health Services is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled