Reports to: Lead Counselor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ABOUT VERTAVA HEALTH:
Vertava Health, formerly known as Addiction Campuses, is a leading provider of SUD treatment and recovery services via various effective and innovative addiction treatment programs from industry-leading professionals who help build a comprehensive life in recovery beyond the standard 30-day plan. With four unique residential treatment centers and a virtual care platform serving patients across the country, Vertava Health creates successful programs tailored to an individual’s struggle with substance abuse and mental health.
In order to make this possible, we need an exceptional Counselor who can meet the requirements below. Think you have what it takes to help us change lives all over the country?
As a counselor at Vertava Health, you will have a major role in implementing our evidence-based addiction treatment programming. You will directly teach and support our adult patients with substance use disorders both in groups and individually. You will use your understanding of the disease model of addiction; motivational interviewing (MI); and the tenets of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) to help patients progress towards their goals and live out their best future.
Depending on the location of the facility, this role is appropriate for those currently licensed or certified — or interested in becoming licensed or certified — as a licensed chemical dependency counselor (LCDC) or a certified or licensed alcohol & drug counselor (CADC or LADC).
You will work closely with therapists and the entire treatment team in a supportive, team-based approach that models collaborative, solution-based problem solving, and authentic communication.
Priority responsibilities include:
- Lead educational groups on a range of topics related to addiction, recovery, and wellbeing
- Co-facilitate process-groups with licensed therapists
- Develop and lead specialty expressive or experiential groups unique to your interests, expertise, and qualifications.
Specialty Experiential Groups
A counselor may be recruited primarily to facilitate alternative experiential groups that require special skills, experience and certifications (i.e. equine therapy, climbing wall/ropes course, mountain biking, etc.) These staff will need to have appropriate training and certification, and ensure that the specialty program meets all regulatory standards.
Individual coaching and counseling
- Review assignments with patients
- Provide one-to-one support sessions in alignment with treatment plan and therapist guidance
- Offer individual therapy as license and scope of practice allows
- Leverage de-escalation skills to ensure patient safety and reduce AMA risk
- Maintain and promote healthy boundaries
- Respond and participate as assigned to emergency codes
- Promote and protect each patient’s independence, privacy, dignity, and emotional and physical well being
- Document attendance, individual participation and response to groups
- Summarize content and tone of each patient meeting
- Work with therapists and treatment team in developing patient goals, treatment plan, and aftercare plan
Training and Competencies
- Learn and follow company-established policies and procedures, and maintain adherence to established skills and practice according to position and certifications
- Remain current with all required trainings and certifications
- Receive biweekly supervision
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Practice respectful, compassionate, supportive communication with patients and colleagues
Other Duties as Assigned
Requirements by state:
Texas 2 levels
- Bachelor’s or Master degree preferred level 1 & 2
- CADC (Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor or LADC (Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor) Level 2 only
- Minimum 2 years experience
- To lead a specialty group (yoga, equine therapy, climbing wall/ropes course, mountain biking, etc.), you will need appropriate certifications to meet all regulatory standards.
- Ability to use hands and fingers, talk or hear
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and reach continually. Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Close vision required to see computer monitor, read documents, and operate copy and fax machine
- Work environment is indoors and climate controlled. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions
Addiction Campuses is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled