The Business Development Manager position will be based either remotely in the United States or in Solana Beach, California. This role will generate new customer opportunities and drive new business activity from assigned customers globally. The selected candidate sell digital marketing, content and production services across all Scientist.com owned channels including InsideScientific.com and HealthEconomics.com.
- Prospect and connect with the target audience on a one-to-one basis
- Use target client lists and other sources to drive new business or expand existing client accounts in 3rd party-sponsored webinars, podcasts, website and newsletter digital advertising, and more
- Contact qualified leads and qualify prospects, educate prospects on options, and convert prospects into signups for digital events and advertising sales
- Must have high self-confidence, love networking, and enjoy presenting both over the phone and via teleconference
- science background or pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience is preferred; the channels that you will be selling are related to preclinical pharmaceutical, personal care and life science research, as well as later stage drug value, evidence and access demonstration
- Track and bring-to-closure all new research contracts, including amendments to existing work (involves close liaison with internal and client-based administrative, contracting, finance, and procurement staff)
- College Degree in the sciences or business background with suitable industry experience and a demonstrated interest in the scientific research arena
- At least 3 years experience, 5 preferably, in the life sciences in customer-facing role
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills to establish relationships with customers, communicate company goals and objectives and meet with solution providers or researchers on strategy/tactics
- High level of personal initiative to find, qualify and execute on the best opportunities for sales growth
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to track status of sales leads and create systems and processes to nurture leads to optimum endpoint.
- Self-starter with strong dependability/initiative as this is a remote position
- Ability to work independently, and in a highly virtual environment.
- Commitment to staying knowledgeable about the scientific research areas of focus demonstrated by high curiosity and determination for self-learning.
- Excellent computer skills, with desirable experience in Sales Force, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Benchmark or other CRMs.
- You are an outstanding communicator
- You are hardworking, fearless, forward-thinking, credible, conscientious and creative.
- With an insatiable interest in science, health and medicine, you love continually learning and understanding brands and therapeutic areas.
- You are agile when it comes to networking and invest the time to know all the players.
- You know how to find your own leads and won't wait until someone else gives them to you.
- Full medical and dental coverage
- 401K matching
- Competitive salary
- Stock options at a rapid-growing start-up company
- Dynamic, hot-desk office with a great employee community
- Lunch 3 days per week
- Kombucha, cold brew coffee and foosball!