Concession/Skate Shop Attendant
We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
Who we are:
GSL Group is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. with offices and operations also located in Victoria and Kelowna. We have a wide range of businesses including E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Real Estate Development and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities).
Our mission is to build inclusive, sustainable communities by bringing people together through innovation in sport, entertainment, and development.
Planet Ice is a division of GSL Group. We are currently looking for part-time Concession/Skate Shop Attendant roles to join our team at this facility located in Maple Ridge, British Columbia. This role will report to the Food & Beverage Manager.
Have we got your attention yet? Good! Now let’s get into the details:
A day in the life:
- Operate all aspects of food and beverage service to Company standard
- Have proper knowledge of the use and operation of all departmental controls
- Have knowledge of entire menu items including taste, presentation, and preparation
- Ensure quality of product before presenting to guests
- Know and abide by our service guidelines and expectations (you will be expected to meet and exceed service expectations)
- Ensure all work areas are clean and ensure all items are being stocked
- Clear and clean tables in the lobby as needed
- Promote teamwork by looking for ways to assist fellow employees
- Opening and closing the skate shop
- Taking cash/debit/credit payment for skate rentals and admission
- Registering customers for skating lessons using our registration program
- Patrolling the ice during public skating
- There’s the opportunity to learn skate sharpening, training provided.
- Other ad-hoc duties as requested by Supervisor and/or General Manager
Ideally, you will have:
- Strong skating skills
- Previous customer service experience
- Basic computer skills
- First Aid training is needed, but will be provided if you don’t already have it
- A strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal communication & customer service skills
- A friendly and professional manner
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
Culture is very important to us at GSL! We want someone who, along with having the above qualifications is also passionate and driven. You have a ‘can-do’, positive attitude and enjoy collaborating and working in teams. If this sounds like you, please apply today - we can’t wait to discuss the role in more detail with you!
Planet Ice is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position