Business Operations Manager
Under the supervision of the Chief of Staff, the Business Operations Manager is responsible for aligning organizational objectives with business operations and church leadership. The position oversees several operational departments to deliver value-added support to the department leaders that reflects church objectives and projects the mission. The Business Operations Manager is a high-level leader who maintains the business literacy about the church’s operations and financial position, it’s strategic direction and its proper execution of culture.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Conducts routine meetings with respective departments
· Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with department leaders to develop solutions, programs and policies
· Works closely with department leaders and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
· Identifies training needs for respective departments and individual leadership coaching needs
· Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
· Works with executive leadership to establish short-term objectives and long-range goals
· Possess strong communication skills in the English language (verbal and written)
· Ability to maintain professional relationships
· Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
· Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors
· Possess strong attention to detail
· Ability to respond to emergent or stressful situations in a calm and professional manner
· Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, work independently, multitask, and produce results in a high stress environment
· Must possess intermediate computer skills using basic applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet browsing
· Highest level of personal integrity with an uncompromised commitment to the maintenance of the confidentiality and privacy of all personal and church matters, data, and information
· Overseeing accounting, bank processes and money handling, monitoring the financial data and recommending solutions to improve the church’s financial status
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of operation are scheduled Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. with occasional evenings and weekends as job duties demand.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to do the following:
· Must have good or corrected vision as well as effective peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
· Must have good manual dexterity and be able to use repetitive motion of the hands and arms
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
· Must be able to move about inside the office and file rooms to perform a variety of tasks
· Must be able to frequently and effectively communicate in both written and verbal form
· Must be able to frequently lift 15 pounds and/or push/pull objects up to 50 pounds
· Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, and crouching
· Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· A bachelor’s degree in business management, business administration or like field of study
· Any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
· Minimum of 8 year’s experience resolving complex human resources, finance or operations department
Duties are performed in an office setting where the work and general environment may be fast-paced and hectic at times. Therefore, it is essential that the employee can effectively handle the normal anxieties associated with the job and manage multiple projects in service-oriented environment. Environmental noise levels are minimal.
· Must exemplify the CBC Way of Honor, Hospitality, Hustle, High Capacity and Humility
· Must be willing to work weekends and occasional special events
· CBC Member, genuine desire to serve God and the Church
· Must live life beyond reproach 1 Timothy 3
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.