The National WWII Museum is seeking a Graphic Designer. As a member of the Creative Services team within the Museum's Marketing and Communications department, the Graphic Designer will implement the creative strategy and overall design of The National WWII Museum’s brand identity across a broad range of visual materials to elevate the Museum’s mission and experience and support the promotional needs of Museum initiatives. This position will be responsible for designing solutions that inform and inspire through high-visibility projects including print and digital advertising, brochures, flyers, logotypes, posters, publications, event materials, social and web graphics, and more.
- Works with the Art and Production Director in collaboration with and under the direction of the Senior Creative Director to brainstorm, design, and execute visual concepts for marketing, fundraising, and educational materials as needed.
- Manages multiple projects from concept to completion, demonstrating both creative and strategic thinking and strong communication and relationship-building skills.
- Works with the Marketing and Communications team as well as outside agencies and designers to advance the Museum’s brand through engaging creative that connects with various audiences.
- Helps organize and maintain the team’s creative resources including design files, proofs, and samples; creative assets such as photography and logos; and Museum-wide creative resources such as branding guidelines, templates, and more.
- Assists the Marketing team in elevating the quality and consistency of on-site signage and collaterals, advertising creative, and digital media.
- Assists the Art and Production Director to develop bid specs, manage vendors, and ensure timely outflow of production-ready materials and delivery of finished products using the most cost-effective and innovative solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in fine art or design (required) or equivalent experience.
- At least three years of hands-on experience in visual design with foundational knowledge of branding, typography, print design and production, web design, motion graphics, and project management.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.).
- Strong portfolio of work demonstrating creativity and productivity. (Note: applicants must include design samples and/or a link to online portfolios).
- Strong initiative, collaborative spirit, flexibility, and personal passion to continually evolve creative skill set.
- Exceptional ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects with keen attention to detail in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a wide range of staff, freelance designers, vendors, and agency partners.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed.
In addition to offering competitive wages, the Museum’s benefits package includes:
- Medical insurance – 2 plan options; Museum pays 75% of premium
- Dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) – Museum matches 50% of employee contribution up to 6%; employer contribution full vested after 3 years of employment
- Life insurance and AD&D - $15,000 policy employer paid; additional life and AD&D available
- Long term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and sick leave, 10 paid holidays per year
- Free parking
- Tuition assistance and professional development
- Employee assistance program
The National WWII Museum is an equal opportunity employer and seeks diversity in its workforce. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
Interested candidates should apply online at www.nationalww2museum.org/employment or mail resumes to 945 Magazine St., New Orleans, LA 70130.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.