The Brentwood campus, Receptionist is responsible to the church, under the direction of the Lead Connection Minister for answering incoming telephone calls, greeting visitors, handling incoming mail and deliveries, and assisting other staff with various projects as needed and when time permits.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
- Be a friendly face for Brentwood Baptist Church as people contact BBC for the first time.
- Answer phones and direct calls to appropriate staff. Research questions/inquiries and, if needed, and re-contact caller. Refer Benevolence calls to appropriate extension and explains policy as necessary.
- Greet visitors/members warmly, direct them to appropriate site and/or contact appropriate staff.
- Answer inquires of all types, ranging from routine to church policy issues. Must correctly answer the questions or direct them to staff member to address the issue.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties, including data entry, collating, labeling, type monthly lunch coverage list, type weekly prayer list, etc.
- Collect mail from mailbox and distribute to appropriate mailboxes. Accept deliveries and contacts appropriate staff for pickup.
- Print schedule each week and edit for the next 7 days to have available for staff/members for reference
- Oversee Lost and Found. Contact persons, if able, to identify property. Work daily with various items left at Reception to arrange pickup of these items.
- Stuff Chinese bulletins for Sundays
- Provide addresses and maps for Nurture Team.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist other staff with special projects, as needed and when time available.
- Help with coverage for Connection Assistant in his/her absence
- Help with coverage for Congregational Care Coordinator on days when that position is extremely busy with funerals, etc.
- Assist with Ministry Platform tasks as needed
- When bulletins and handouts are used, Un-stuff bulletins so inserts can be re-used
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
COMPETENCIES AND TRAITS:
In addition to the specific responsibilities required for this role, Brentwood Baptist Church also seeks candidates that possess some general competencies and behavioral traits that enhance the effectiveness of our staff.
- Manages details, tasks and projects efficiently without frequent reminders
- Maximizes time effectively by focusing on “must do” priorities when necessary
- Anticipates/avoids problems or formulates creative solutions
- Makes timely decisions that produce quality outcomes
- Adheres to commitments, schedules and deadlines
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of issues and topics pertaining to the area of his/her job specialty (for Professional Staff positions only)
- Demonstrates flexibility, adapts well to changing priorities or situations
- Self-directed and proactive, level of supervision required is appropriate
- Is willing to take on additional responsibilities, helps with a “can-do” attitude
- Collaborates well with others to accomplish group tasks
- Uses written and verbal communication in a way that accomplishes intended results
- Prioritizes and accomplishes self-development goals
- Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to obtaining the KASH necessary to be successful in this role
- Teachable spirit with a desire to learn and grow
- Maintains appropriate gap between the current job description and the employee’s current abilities that allows for future growth.
- Be detailed oriented.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must meet BBC benchmark for computer competency.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma and a strong customer service background
All campuses function under the governance of Brentwood Baptist Church. Each campus is an established entity operating as a whole and permanent part of the Brentwood Baptist. Each maintains pre-determined alignment characteristics that uphold the Brentwood Baptist “DNA” while also containing some contextualized characteristics to allow it to best reach its target local community. Every staff member is an employee of Brentwood Baptist.
Brentwood Baptist Church is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled