- Must have strong mechanical skills including HVAC, electrical and plumbing experience
- Must be willing to work a flexible shift including weekends and holidays
- Post-offer, pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required.
Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and appliances and electrical systems by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance
- The ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Wear a skid-resistant work shoe with good support
- Visually inspects and tests equipment and appliances.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses equipment operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair equipment.
- Dismantles defective appliances and/or equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as outlets, switches, wiring, and electrical and electronic components of equipment and/or appliances.
- Replaces light bulbs and fluorescent tubes and replaces ballasts in fluorescent fixtures when necessary.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Replaces and/or repairs lamps and other fixtures in guest rooms and public areas.
- Repairs or replaces plumbing fixtures in guest rooms such as leaky faucets and toilets, shower heads, etc.
- Repairs and or replaces bed frames, headboards, and Murphy beds.
- Replaces guest room locks when needed.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving
a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have a valid South Carolina driver's license and be able to operate a private passenger automobile and light truck.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to the risk of electrical shock. The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme heat, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Sea Mist Oceanfront is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled