Company: Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc.
Title: Relocation Specialist (F/T Position w/in Employment Contract)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia
Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit affordable housing provider. Founded in 1999, we currently own and operate over 10,000 units of multifamily properties in 6 states and 37 cities. In addition to HUD, HAP and LIHTC properties, Atlantic Housing owns and operates low and mixed-income multifamily assets, student housing and senior housing.
About the Relocation Specialist:
The Relocation Specialist is an experienced, highly-organized and self-disciplined Professional that will work closely with and have daily contact with residents to prepare them for, and assist with, all the required relocation activities at a property undergoing an in place rehabilitation during its duration. The Relocation Specialist will achieve this by interfacing with and conducting operations with the owner and rehabilitation project manager for relocation timelines, the property management team for resident and unit specific needs, and third party vendors such as moving companies. The ideal candidate will have a background in affordable housing property management operations, a sound budget background for tracking and reporting expenses to budget, possess excellent communication skills, and be a team player. The candidate must be capable of working remotely as well as on-site engaging residents, project team members, and third party vendors. This position will report directly to the Relocation Manager and Supervisor.
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent Communicator (listening, verbal, and written)
- Thrives in collaborative work environments
- Self-starter, easily able to work autonomously
- You believe in the AHF Mission and Core Values
- You are the best at what you do
- You meet the qualifications below
- Paid every two weeks
- Cell phone reimbursement every pay period
- Certifications, Educational Courses Reimbursement
- Opportunities for permanent employment
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- 32 hours of Volunteer Time Off annually
- 16 hours LTO (Learning Time Off)
- Competitive Paid Time Off accrual
- Rent discount if living on-site
- Multiple health care insurance plans that cover medical, dental, prescription, vision, and employer HSA contributions
- Competitive 401(k) Program with employer matching contributions
- Mileage reimbursement and rental car reimbursement
- Responsible for each relocated resident’s experience through direct knowledge of each household’s needs with the authority to make decisions to address any immediate concerns.
- Interpret and follow the relocation plan in accordance with Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970, as amended (URA, Uniform Act, or Uniform Relocation Act), (Pub. L. 91-646, 42 U.S.C. 4601 et seq), and the government wide implementing regulations found at 49 CFR part 24.
- Survey residents to understand their needs regarding their relocation experience.
- Convene and participate in resident and community relocation program sessions.
- Draft and distribute notices to households due a relocation. Ensure all information and required notices are received by all applicable households and signatures obtained.
- Provide relocation counseling and assistance that is compliant with State and Federal regulations.
- Ensure a fluid flow of information for all relocation stakeholders.
- Schedule and coordinate all third party relocation vendors for execution of the relocation. Observe and supervise the execution of the relocation so each household is relocated efficiently and without incident.
- Execute project relocation plans in accordance with budgets. Report relocation transactions for reimbursement.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to achieve a successful execution of the plan, such as Property Management Operations, Development, Construction Management, Human Resources, general contractor, and moving company.
- Control and ensure the best relocation experience for residents by directing the execution of relocating residents to a temporary and then permanent unit.
- Assist with and monitor any claims for damaged household goods.
- Execute the required work by working remotely coordinating future work with vendors. Also being on site to meet with residents, walk units to confirm relocation needs, distribute advance notices, manage relocation activities with moving companies, and follow-up for a completely successful relocation experience.
- Conduct and execute responsibilities both remotely and onsite with appropriate office equipment and information technology.
- Collaborate, communicate and provide feedback for continuous improvement to the relocation plan, management and supervisor role, and relocation specialist responsibilities.
- Project management, accurate and timely record keeping, and ability to effectively report status and results to the relocation manager, senior or executive management.
- Complete all tasks identified and perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office and G Suite.
- Familiarity with Federal Fair Housing law
- Familiarity with the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970, as amended (URA, Uniform Act, or Uniform Relocation Act), (Pub. L. 91-646, 42 U.S.C. 4601 et seq), and the government wide implementing regulations found at 49 CFR part 24.
- Familiarization using remote and web based training techniques.
- 2+ years of multifamily operations experience; or at least 4 years of commercial property operations experience combined with at least 1 years of multifamily.
- 2+ years vendor management and basic contract experience.
- 2+ years’ experience training small groups or people on processes and procedures.
- 2+ years’ experience working with relocation or moving companies.
- 2+ year’s experience planning and performing resident relocations IAW URA (highly preferred).
- 2+ years previous supervisory experience.
- 2+ years experience with Section 8 communities (highly preferred).
- Familiarization with construction management systems; preferably Procore.
- Working level knowledge with property management systems; preferably Yardi.
- Working understanding of apartment business management principles, including basic budgeting.
- Working understanding of construction rehabilitation processes.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled