Iroquois Nursing Home is currently seeking a Full time Health Information Management Technician to work in our high tech, beautifully renovated facility.
Associates Degree in Health Information Management/Medical Records required. RHIT Certification desired.
Job Duties include:
Providing support to the HIM Department will clerical functions to facilitate the orderly maintenance of resident’s Medical records;
- Scanning into Electronic Medical Records
- Assuring accuracy in Electronic Medical Records
- Abstracting medical records and completing medical records by reviewing information, notifying health care providers of record deficiencies, tracking outstanding records;
- Coding admission diagnoses, discharge diagnoses, preparing abstracts of the medical records for billing and outcomes analysis and making updates and corrections as needed.
- Providing medical record information (following all regulations including HIPAA) by answering questions and requests of residents, healthcare provider staff, law firms, insurance companies and others;
- Handling inquires and incoming work requests;
- Assisting in preparing correspondence to release medical record information to third parties; reviewing the maintenance of invoices and registers for continuous quality control and for compliance with federal, state, and agency regulations and third party payers.
- Ensuring medical records are provided in a timely manner upon request and logged accordingly with appropriate tracking and documentation of release.
Iroquois Nursing Home is a premier healthcare provider in Central New York. We are a 160 bed long-term and rehab skilled nursing facility. Our professional staff provides superior quality of care and clinical excellence to residents in Central New York.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including: low cost family health insurance, Health Savings Account, 401K with company match, free parking, Vacation, Sick Time, Personal Leave Time, FREE URGENT Health Care Services, free parking and more. Include minimum salary requirement in cover letter. EOE
We are located only 10 minutes from the Downtown Syracuse area and have a Centro bus stop outside our front door!
Iroquois Nursing Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We believe that success is achieved when we value our staff as our number one asset!
Iroquois Nursing Home, Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled