Sr. Software Development Engineer
The Software Development Engineer is responsible for the design, development, testing, and management of the application development projects in support of IT infrastructure. This includes the programmatic integration of third-party components, the introduction of new custom capabilities, modification of existing code, process improvement recommendation, and automation of operations and maintenance tasks. Duties include technical project milestone reviews, code architecture sessions, resource estimation, and development best practices knowledge transfer. Provides technical lead of development staff, along with peer level interaction with project managers and architects.
- Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Recommend and utilize the appropriate programming language for each component or workload based upon performance requirements, supportability, integration with existing components, maintainability, and other selection criteria deemed applicable.
- Have full technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming.
- Review current systems and analyze business functions or processes to understand the needs for which applications are being designed.
- Recommend system capabilities and objectives for assigned projects based upon.
- Responsible for conducting code quality assurance reviews.
- Able to manage large scale development efforts, including the technical lead of other development teams.
- Develop all components and services using industry best practices such as test-driven development, centralized source code management, code reviews, and automated testing.
- Utilize continuous integration / continuous deployment (CI/CD) workflows to the maximum extent possible for all published components.
- Produce DevOps best practice templates and guides to serve as examples to other development teams interested in transitioning to DevSecOps development workflows.
- Aid with the creation and maintenance of trusted computing components, such as operating system images, application templates, platform as a service infrastructure, etc.
- Provide subject matter expertise during the review of potential technologies proposed for integration with the environment.
- Fully document development efforts using a combination of code comments, project issue tracking, change requests, and formal documentation.
- Have agile software design experience and be able to create/consume stories within a sprint structure.
- Ensure that software deployments minimally impact production workloads running in production environments. All developed components should be produced in accordance with industry best practices for high availability environments.
- Perform analysis and tests, as needed, to aid the design process and to document the end item business functionality and system performance requirements.
- 10 years of experience in the design and development of complex server based, client/server, service oriented, micro-service, and/or n-tiered applications.
- Experience serving as the engineer of complex technology implementations in a web service centric environment preferred.
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g., LXC, Docker, Rocket) preferred. Advanced knowledge and implementation experience with the Atlassian Suite.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Chef, Ansible, or similar preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Must be US Citizen with an Active Top Secret, CI Poly will be conducted after hire.
E-INFOSOL is a Service Disabled and Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. We are a premiere IT Security, Cloud and Virtualization provider servicing both federal and state government, and private sector customers. Through strategic partnerships with top industry players such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMware, Microsoft and Nutanix, we can provide an array of IT products and solutions, combining them with our expertise.
E-INFOSOL has 10 years in the digital world expanding with new clientele and jobs rapidly. E-INFOSOL is constantly aware of, technical changes within IT and wants to ensure future candidates can make a difference with contributing their different skills and knowledge. We offer an array of architectural, engineering, and information technological jobs to a diverse group of candidates. Come join the E-INFOSOL family and be a part of the vast growing culture that contributes to the world.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
E-INFOSOL LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.