Principal Functional Analyst – Budget and Accounting (T2)
We are looking for an individual to provide "technical/subject matter expert" content to include in a proposal that our client is working on. In addition, we would like for the individual to provide technical content for the proposal submission to be available to attend and participate in the "oral presentation." This individual shall be hired should we be awarded the contract.
Location: Arlington, VA
Clearance: Active Secret Required
As a Principal Functional Analyst – Budget and Accounting, you will be responsible for supporting the United States Air Force Training and Readiness (AF/A3T) and Training Transformation (AF/A3TI) Division on site. In this capacity, you will be responsible for supporting Headquarters Air Force, A3TI in the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) of the USAF apportionment of the Combatant Commanders Exercise Engagement and Training Transformation (CE2T2) Program. This position is located in Arlington, VA. At the present time only local travel is anticipated.
- The Contractor shall support Headquarter Air Force, A3TI in the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) of the USAF apportionment of the Combatant Commanders Exercise Engagement and Training Transformation (CE2T2) Program.
- The Contractor shall coordinate with Headquarters Air Force, Joint Staff J7 representatives, MAJCOMs and T2 program stakeholders, to collect and compile fiscal year financial requirements for preparation and submission of budget plan for the USAF allocation of T2 funding to meet exercise requirements included in the Joint Staff CE2T2 FY Program Execution Plan (PEP).
- The Contractor shall analyze and evaluate (on a quantitative or qualitative basis) the effectiveness of program operations in meeting established goals and objectives outlined in the CE2T2 Program Goals and Objectives released by the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Readiness).
- The Contractor will engage with multiple Executive Offices across the USAF and Department of Defense when preparing Congressional correspondence and financial reports such as the OP-32 Defense Wide Budget Documentation and the R-2 RDT&E Budget Item Justification.
- The Contractor shall provide advice and guidance on all financial programs for division leadership and Program Element Managers (PEM) to meet program requirements.
- During FY year of execution, the Contractor shall monitor Air Force execution of approved T2 operating budget to track and verify obligations and expenditures to ensure transactions occur in a timely manner. Ensures CE2T2 Joint National Training Capability in (JNTC) and Joint Training Coordination Program (JTCP) funds are properly managed to include execution activities, including projections, spending plans, and justifications.
- The Contractor shall monitor appropriate financial databases, ensuring all T2 transactions are in accordance with audit guidance. Identifies issues, conducts appropriate analysis, and proposes corrective actions. To include preparing, analyzing, interpreting and presenting accounting data; operating, maintaining, and modifying accounting systems; using accounting information to recommend solutions to management problems and structuring of organization programs; managing, operating, and analyzing cost accounting systems; designs, implements, and assesses internal control processes and systems. Prepares budget uploads in the financial system of record.
- The Contractor shall analyze Congressional proposals, DOD guidance, policies, directives, and changes in resource requirements, and assesses potential impacts to JNTC program. To include providing OSD/JS reports in response to OSD Joint Staff Requests for Information, as required.
- The Contractor shall produces financial reports/documentation for Joint Staff J7, Service, Combatant Command components, and other management officials, manage execution activities, including projections, spending plans, and justifications.
- The Contractor shall prepare data and coordinate with the other principal analysts in the submission of the quarterly JNTC financial report consistent with existing legislative and regulatory guidance and acceptable to reviewing and approving Government authorities.
- The Contractor shall provide inquiry response support, preparing proposed responses to requests for information via electronic or other means. Requests for information can be of an unclassified or classified nature.
- The Contractor will assist PEM in monitoring the distribution, obligation and reporting of JNTC funds, to include managing Funds Available for Distribution (FADs), Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPRs). Assists MAJCOM representatives on their received JNTC funds and ensures their appropriate processing in accordance with CE2T2 policy, planned, programmed and executed travel funding.
- The Contractor shall assist the PEM to ensure requests do not exceed funding available, as well as perform a wide range of business processes, to include purchase requests, receipt/acceptance, and general ledger inquiries regarding the T2 allotted funds. Conducts open obligations reviews; works with customers to maximize resources; review, analyze and override financial errors in the financial system of record; initiate quarterly budget execution reviews; perform trend and variance analyses; prepare and/or assist in the preparation of various forms.
- The Contractor will analyze and propose enhancements to JNTC’s administrative processes and MAJCOM service support by collecting and analyzing data related to processes, procedures, and policies.
- The Contractor will attend various meetings throughout the performance period, some of which will require travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations. The Contractor will participate in teleconference, video teleconference, and secure video teleconference meetings when appropriate.
- The Contractor will attend periodic new or refresher training in the following systems of record: Commander Resource Integration System (CRIS), Automated Business Services System (ABSS), Financial Management Suite (FM Suite), Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE). The Contractor shall also maintain training in the Joint Staff JS system of record CE2T2 Program Tracking Tool (CPTT). The Contractor will also provide as needed Subject Matter Expert (SME) assistance to AF leadership and MAJCOM stakeholders on budget tools and on the aforementioned systems.
- The Contractor will maintain, monitor the status of operations, improve program control, determine the impact of new requirements, change program emphasis, more accurately project future costs, and satisfy requirements for improved efficiencies in the CE2T2 program & budgeting all unexecuted current and previous years funding in the Tri-Annual Review (TAR) Phases for the CE2T2 program. Executes canceling year documents and historical contracts in FM Suite as required by AFDW by collecting information on the closeout status of the document.
- The Contractor will engage in accounting system operation and maintenance and may address the adequacy of system design, the adequacy of current data in providing financial information, or ways to use the system to satisfy new information requirements. Addresses the efficiency and economy with which funds are obligated, transferred, controlled, and reported.
- Document participation/support provided in a monthly status report.
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience in interpreting or editing major policy and procedural guidance documentation for the Department of Defense while conducting and understanding complex analysis and studies to support directors of staff and senior leadership.
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience in Acquisition; Planning, Programing, Budget, and Execution (PPBE); and funding in the Defense Acquisition System.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience using and interpreting information from various financial databases and programs (Commander Resource Integration System (CRIS), Automated Business Services System (ABSS), Financial Management Suite (FM Suite), Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE), and CE2T2 Program Tracking Tool (CPTT).
- Minimum of (5) years of expertise in preparing budget briefings, fact papers, and documentation of analysis to fully prepare Air Force leaders in evolving budget issues and budget review processes.
- Working practical knowledge of general Government accounting and budgetary practices.
- Knowledge and staff experience typically gained while performing duties at higher headquarters (e.g. USAF Major Command (MAJCOM), Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Combatant Command, Component, OSD, or Joint Staff levels).
- Knowledge of the CE2T2 program is highly desired.
- Possess a current or final Secret security clearance.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.