The US Lacrosse Diversity & Inclusion Team is offering an 11-week summer internship to a qualified candidate. Spend your summer with our dynamic team gaining experience through work on a variety of projects that will hone your collaboration, project management, creativity, and communication skills. We serve the lacrosse community by creating resources and providing opportunities to grow the sport and create a diverse and inclusive lacrosse experience. The ideal candidate would have an interest in any of the following: Diversity & Inclusion, Organizational Development, Human Relations, Sociology.
ABOUT US LACROSSE:
US Lacrosse, a 501(c) (3) nonprofit association is the national governing body of lacrosse. The organization has over 425,000 individual members within 68 regional chapters throughout the country and employs a national staff of more than 80 at its Baltimore headquarters. US Lacrosse provides a leadership role in virtually every aspect of the sport throughout the United States and offers numerous programs and services to its national membership and more than one million lacrosse enthusiasts throughout the country.
The US Lacrosse Summer Intern Program will begin May 29th and run through August 14th with flexible scheduling arrangements available and time for summer fun. Interns are expected to work between 25-30 hours per week with the possibility of some weekend and evening special event opportunities. Individuals who participate in this program will be paid an hourly rate and may also earn credit if they are enrolled in an internship course through their college or university. This is a part-time, seasonal position that is not eligible for benefits.
Experiences you will be part of while serving as an intern:
- Review grant applications and assist with data collection and impact reporting.
- Assist in planning for annual conferences, events, and seminars.
- Assist with developing diversity and inclusion related content for USL social media, uslacrosse.org, and Diversity Newsletter.
- Engage and support various local lacrosse programs including but not limited to an urban, adaptive, wheelchair, and economically diverse lacrosse programs.
- Create online and video resources and best practices to support USL national diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Assist in overall day to day department management (budget, equipment orders, collect and track data, e-mail, and phone correspondence, etc.)
As part of the learning experience, all US Lacrosse Interns will also participate in weekly meetings, lunch and learn sessions, web-based professional development, community service, special events and present as a group on August 14th at our monthly staff meeting.
All applicants should upload a resume and brief cover letter together (one upload). In addition, you will be prompted to record a short video. Applications will be reviewed with candidate interviews and selection occurring in March and the first half of April. You will be contacted directly by the hiring manager should you be selected for an interview.
US Lacrosse Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled