Digital Content Strategy Manager
The National WWII Museum is currently seeking a Digital Content Strategy Manager to report to the Executive Director of the Jenny Craig Institute for the Study of War and Democracy. This position is responsible for overseeing the Museum’s daily online publishing operations for educational and historical content.
- Works across the Museum’s Education & Access division, in close communication with the Marketing & Communications Department, to create and maintain an editorial calendar of digital content, including but not limited to website articles, video assets, and collateral for social media to ensure timely publication.
- Develops and implements with key stakeholders a comprehensive, multi-year digital content strategy designed to increase the Museum’s reach and reputation as an online resource on World War II history.
- Reviews materials for the website as needed for the purpose of ensuring content meets length, copyright, and quality standards; publishes materials to the Museum’s website and other platforms.
- Identifies gaps in content and makes recommendations on how to best develop necessary content.
- Researches emerging social media platforms and trends and works with the Marketing & Communications department to plan and implement.
- Assists coworkers in the completion of tasks and assignments to ensure steady and on-time publication of materials to the Museum’s website and other channels as needed.
- Works with various stakeholders across departments to identify materials in the Museum’s collection that can be utilized in new and engaging web content.
- Plans content creation in formats appropriate for all digital touch points.
- Applies and builds on the Museum’s voice and tone to ensure consistency across content and platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in history, English, communications, TV / Film production, or related field from an accredited university.
- 3+ years of digital content strategy experience; must include experience in managing content across digital platforms, including websites, and a track record of success in social media.
- Video editing skills strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in developing online content across multiple channels with success in driving website traffic.
- Knowledge of content management systems such as Drupal and Wordpress as well as managing content on platforms such as YouTube and Vimeo required; familiarity with the Adobe Creative Cloud strongly preferred.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- Keen understanding of user experience and search engine optimization and search engine marketing required.
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail; strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Ability to quickly solve problems and react to current trends and events.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.