We are currently looking for experienced Civil Engineering Technologists to join our expanding Team in Fort McMurray for projects starting immediately.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, experienced and entrepreneurial individual to join our growing team as a Civil Technologist for a variety of projects based in Fort McMurray, Alberta. You’ll be able to apply your experience in soils engineering, drill monitoring, and soil description, construction monitoring, QA/QC monitoring techniques, site investigations, foundation inspections, soils and concrete lab testing for a variety of clients. This is a field-based project position, including possible mobile soils and/or concrete lab testing, with varying work locations and schedules which requires close attention to safety and excellent verbal and written communication skills. These permanent positions are located in Fort McMurray and would require relocation. These are NOT fly-in/fly-out positions.
You will take ownership over project execution including safety and quality performance. This includes the prudent monitoring and evaluation of project milestones and costs. You must develop a rapport with new and existing clients by effectively communicating the superior service and results that our teams provide.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a highly motivated individual with creative thinking to become part of an established high-performing hands-on team that continues to expand!
- Soils engineering and soils testing
- Earthwork and concrete testing
- Performing quality control testing
- Monitoring, documenting and verifying that the client construction meets design specifications
- Provide client representatives with field and lab testing results, and monitor sub-contractor adherence to design specifications
- Construction monitoring and reporting on the installation of construction
- Piling inspections
- Degree/Diploma in Civil Engineering, Geosciences or Technology, or an equivalent combination of education and field experience.
- 3 + years of experience in a technical field-base role
- Civil construction industry experience an asset
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible and strong team player skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to listen and respond appropriately to the needs of clients and employees
- Strong ability to update documentation and maintain information
- Dedication and attention to safety standards and client site rules and regulations
- Ability to drive a 4x4 off road
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- BSO, H2S & CCIL certification are considered assets
- Preference will be given to those who have a membership with ASET or APEGA
- Preference will be given to those who have previous oil sands experience
- Field Environment; operations take place on commercial, industrial, and infrastructure project sites
- Lab Environment; operations take place indoors with regular noise exposure
- Driving long distances may be required
- Working outdoors in extreme winter and summer temperatures and conditions
- Up to a maximum of 50lbs of heavy lifting is required
- Rotational schedule including days and night shifts.
- Schedule may require being on-call
- Schedule may involve 12-hour shifts
The Company’s Overview and Mission
Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. is committed to achieving peerless safety and environmental benchmarks. We are responsible citizens who are driven by professional integrity and dedicated to extraordinary service. Every team member pledges to establish lasting relationships with our clients by exceeding contractual obligations, and trust through exceptional performance. We help the resource industry enhance their efficiency, accountability and environmentally friendly operations.
Become part of a great team by submitting your resume.
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted.