to the region's Regional Director, the Registered Practical Nurse, provides professional nursing care and coordinates the delivery of
chronic pain medical treatments to assigned patients in the Centre, ensuring
adherence to company policies and nursing procedures, standards, and
- Provides direct nursing care
for specified patients, including appropriate supportive care and
administration of treatments as prescribed.
- Performs nursing assessments
and triage of patient care needs for new and ongoing patients.
- Provides education to patients,
families, and significant others; acts as an information resource to
students, health care professionals, patients, and the public.
- Provides family support as
required, including applicable referrals and counseling.
- Follows established NeuPath
policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement
objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- May train and guide other
nursing and support staff engaged in clinical activities; may participate
in research and related activities.
- Performs miscellaneous
job-related duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Nursing
- Minimum two (2) years of
related work experience
- Registered and in good standing
with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Hold a current BCLS
- RPNAO Membership - Professional
- Ability to maintain emotional
stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies, and other stresses.
- Ability to maintain quality,
safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of medical treatment
procedures, facilities, and equipment.
- Knowledge of supportive care
principles and techniques for patients.
- Ability to educate patients
and/or families as to the nature of the disease and to provide instruction
on proper care and treatment.
- Knowledge of related
accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to perform nursing
assessments and patient triage.
- Patient assessment and referral
- Proficient in IV initiation and
NeuPath Health welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.