Rebel Athletic, based in Dallas TX, is the fastest growing cheerleading uniform and accessory company in the world. Over the past 5 years, Rebel has turned heads quicker than any other manufacturer. Rebel’s cutting-edge designs, technological innovations and unstinting focus on service, quality, choice, and value have set a new standard in an industry that was starving for something new. Rebel is the brand that everyone else follows. So, if you want to be a follower, go and work for them. If not, read on.
To level the playing field so that every athlete can feel like a superhero
What Makes a Rebel a Rebel?
Rebels are born, not made. There’s something in every Rebel that rebels against the status quo, against mediocrity, against unfairness, and against business and thinking as usual. Rebels love challenges, they may or may not work 9-5, but they are always thinking of new ways to innovate, new ways to drive the business forward, and new ways to surprise and delight their fellow workers, customers and the industry at large. Rebels wear their passion on their sleeve. They are team players, creative thinkers and impatient doers. Does that sound like you? If so, read on.
What’s This Role All About?
- Assigned a geographical territory; responsible for reaching out to and managing all customers in that territory.
- Cold Call and Prospect Schools in the assigned territory (Division and Territory will be assigned). You would be calling and selling to people you do not know; this is a big part of the job and something you need to be comfortable doing.
- Represent Rebel at company events; coaches conferences, trade shows, and cheerleading competitions
- Help expand the Rebel line to the dance industry
- Make presentations to prospects, coaches, Booster Clubs, etc.
- Work with other Account Managers when called upon – specifically on high profile programs
- Attend all company-sponsored meetings
- Attend all company required conference calls
- Submit, on time, all reports required to show your progress and book of business
- Be proficient in Microsoft software, particularly Excel
- Professionally represent Rebel and all Rebel policies accurately at all times
- Manage customer expectations. This means clearly explaining the deadlines and reminding the customer that delivery dates are in jeopardy if they don’t respond.
- Assist all departments in making the Rebel experience a remarkable one. This means responding to emails promptly, returning phone calls within hours, getting art, tech, project managers questions answered immediately. It means providing a level of customer service unseen by anyone in our industry
- Most importantly building long-lasting relationships with Rebel customers so they’ll be loyal to the brand, forgive us when we make a mistake and allow us to fix it, tell their friends about us and be proud when they tell someone who made their uniforms.
What requirements do I need to be a Rebel?
- A college degree, BA, BS, preferred
- Proven sales experience and success
- A self-start entrepreneurial spirit and level of dedication
- Dependable transportation
- A home office set up with a working computer/laptop/printer
- Access to high-speed internet (you’ll be downloading large art files)
- High energy level
- Detailed organizational skills and administrative skills related to typing, email and web use, sales reporting
- Experience using a CRM
- Proficient skills with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Outstanding people skills
- Powerful speaking and presentation skills
- A sense of humor
- The patience of a saint
- A creative mind and approach to everything you do
- A burning desire to be a part of something special
If I come on board, what is the financial payoff?
The Rebel sales team are a group of independent contractors who are paid commission on all sales related to accounts they manage. Each Rebel account manager has a territory that allows them to generate over $1 million in sales.
- Draw against the commission of $1,500 per month paid on the 15th of every month
- Commission exceeding your gross draw will be paid on the 15th of the month for all sales paid for in the prior month.
The company will provide:
- Sales kit with samples of the entire line
- One fit kit of all items in the line
- Company Look Books and line sheets
- Access to databases of prospects
- Company computer
REBEL ATHLETIC INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled