At CubicFarms we believe in the power of technology to feed a changing world. We actively seek talented people who want to make a difference in the ag-tech space by bringing creative ideas to life and leaving an imprint in a healthier, more sustainable world. If you are enthusiastic about joining a dynamic and innovative company on the leading edge of the ag-tech revolution, we invite you to apply!
CubicFarms (TSXV:CUB) is an ag-tech company providing automated growing systems for fresh produce and nutritious livestock feed. CubicFarms offers turnkey, commercial scale, hydroponic, automated controlled-environment growing systems that can grow predictably and sustainably for 12 months of the year virtually anywhere on earth. The company has sold and installed systems in Canada and internationally, and continues to grow a global pipeline of prospective customers. Visit us at www.cubicfarms.com.
THE ROLE: ELECTRICAL DESIGNER
CubicFarms is looking for an Electrical Designer that can assist the Electrical Engineer with various drafting tasks. One of the main tasks will be to convert real world electrical panels into AutoCAD Electrical Schematics. This role is great for students or recent grads looking to expand their skills in the real world for a Company striving to make a difference in the world.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting Design is an asset.
• Course work in drafting technology or specialized CAD certification.
• Minimum 2-year of experience working in a similar role.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical including schematics, wiring, 2D drafting and electrical design experience.
• Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office (incl: SharePoint & Outlook)
• Excellent data entry skills to quickly and accurately review and input data
• Effective communication (both verbal and written) and organizational skills
• Excellent reliability, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
• Ability to understand electrical components, parts and symbols a must.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
• Use AutoCAD to convert real life electrical panels into AutoCAD Electrical Schematics.
• Assist Senior Electrical Engineer with other drafting tasks.
• Prepare design drawings for electrical design in accordance with industry standards utilizing AutoCAD.
• Assisting with drawing reviews and drawing templates.
• Other related tasks assigned based on individual project requirements.
• Carry out detailed calculations to ensure that designs meet engineered standards and applicable codes.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CubicFarms is an equal opportunity employer is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified and enthusiastic candidates. CubicFarms is a growing organization in an emerging industry that will provide the right candidate with significant potential for advancement in the ag-tech space.