Retirement Center Management has an opportunities for full time and part-time Host(ess') at our Village of Southampton location an Independent and Assisted Living with Memory Care senior community.
The Host(ess) is responsible to provide residents and guests a service that exceeds their expectations, at all times in our dining room. Must desire to work with seniors and have a tolerance for behaviors associated with dementia and other aging processes.
11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that the dining room is clean and is set up to company standards for all meals and functions, and that it is kept clean.
- Greet all residents and guests with a smile and seat them.
- Take telephone food orders and present to kitchen staff. Retrieve to-go meals from the kitchen and deliver to resident upon pick-up.
- Respond quickly to resident and guest requests. Interact with guests in the dining room to ensure their satisfaction
- Adhere to all safety and sanitation standards
- Assists with expediting meal and beverage service in the dining room as necessary
- Assists setting tables, removing dirty dishes, disposing of waste materials, and restocking inventory.
- Assist in cleaning and setting up the serving area according to company standards and ensure that it is kept clean.
- Ensure residents safety by removing all walkers from the dining room and return to resident immediately upon finishing meal.
- Ensure that each resident or guest feels that they are the most important person to you, and that you find pleasure in serving them.
- Fully understand the menu and be able to explain the selections to the residents and guests.
- Member of the community’s emergency response team.
- Maintains a professional appearance and good personal hygiene per company policies.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Must be or become within 60 days an accredited food handler per State guidelines
- 6 months to one year of related experience preferred
- Great customer service skills
- Ability to interact well with staff, residents and guests
- Ability to give and follow written and oral instructions
- Able to work independently or work with others in the completion of assigned tasks.
Pre-employment background check and drug screen required.