Join the Trax Farms working family!
Position Type: Hourly, Full Time, Schedule adjusts to meet seasonality of business
Business Hours: 10 AM-6PM, no late evenings!
General Job Purpose:
This position is responsible for managing the Grocery Department and Beer Cafe's inventory, sales, ordering, creating creative displays, and procuring new products.
Essential Job Functions:
- · Facilitate constant supply of goods sold in the store.
- · Build inventory levels based on seasonality of department.
- · Increase sales through store sets and creative displays to ensure product is new and fresh to customers. Utilize sampling to build product loyalty.
- · Partner with suppliers to get high quality goods and negotiate best prices.
- · Maintain gross margins and pricing to meet profit goals in all classifications.
- · Source new product through social media, industry publications and visiting competition.
- · Maintain store cleanliness and rotation of product on sales floor and back stock. Partner with other department managers to cross merchandise.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- · Minimum of High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
- · RAMP Certification or ability to obtain required
- · Outstanding customer service skills
- · Previous retail grocery experience
- · Management experience - training and mentoring
- · Computer/typing skills- POS software (Eagle preferred)
- · Effective communication skills in English- both oral and written
- · Ability to read and follow instructions
- · Ability to appropriately delegate work duties and manage and motivate staff
- · Proven ability to adhere to cost/margin requirements
- · Previous experience with ordering, pricing, and inventory control
- · Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- · Ability to handle multi-task
- · Reliable and punctual attendance
- · Ability to maintain confidentiality
- · Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments
- · Must be able to Stand 8+ hours, walk, bend, sit, reach, push/pull loaded stock cart
- · Using hands or fingers to handle or feel
- · Regular use of sharp cutting instruments
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs.
Benefits Available: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, Short-term disability, AFLAC Supplemental Insurances, Paid Time Off, Employee Discounts, and more!
Trax Farms is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled