Summary: As a hands on leader, will lead the DevOps and IT Teams, and participate in the day to day operations of work force management and human capital management platforms. Improves the quality of team performance by coaching and mentoring. Leverages technical depth as a former sysadmin, developer, and architect to push the team towards a high standard of technical excellence and achieve the organization's quality standards.
- Oversees the day-to-day workflow of the team.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive, providing recommendations for promotion and salary adjustment as appropriate.
- Mentors and coaches the team towards product excellence
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that our infrastructure running 12 different products yields four nines and more of availability
- Mentor your teams to deliver a consistently high-quality product which has a high “First Time Acceptance Rate” from the engineering leadership
- Eliminate complexity from both architecture and processes
- Optimize our public cloud computing costs
- Manage the uptime error budget of your product
- Perform capacity planning and pre-launch reviews
- Employ modern instrumentation to enable production applications and infrastructure observability and then act upon the results
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Proven track record of building and leading SaaS operations teams in Azure/AWS.
- Architecting and scaling geographically distributed cloud infrastructure for security, compliance, high performance and availability.
- Defining and Implementing Data Backup/Restore, Retention/Dispositioning policies.
- Democratizing systems and services health status dashboards, monitoring and alerting on business-critical production issues.
- Lead and manage DevOps teams utilizing Terraform, Azure DevOps, Cloud Formation, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Hands on experience with App Insights, New Relic, AppDynamics, Data Dog etc
- Experience in CI/D, Build Release process automation
- Understanding of current enterprise software technologies and development practices/tools, including virtualization, source control, build and test automation, and code quality automation technologies
- Demonstrate success as a problem solver
- Be a results-oriented individual
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and proof-reading skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments concurrently
- Strong interpersonal skills, including, but not limited to demonstrating patience, flexibility, consideration, diplomacy, tact, confidence.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in hands-on system administration, Cloud/SaaS/PaaS operations
- Proven managerial skills with at least 3 years of experience managing teams of 8 – 10 people
- Production experience in SaaSOps/TechOps/Infrastructure Ops/DevOps, as well as networking, performance, security