At Neuman Hotel Group, our team is dedicated to creating cherished memories by providing personalized service and genuine hospitality! Neuman Hotel Group manages properties both in Ashland and Medford including: Ashland Springs Hotel, Ashland Hills Hotel and Suites, Inn at the Commons, Lithia Springs Resort, Larks Restaurants (located inside the Ashland Springs Hotel in Ashland and inside the Inn at the Commons in Medford) and the Waterstone Spa.
Summary of Position:
As Laundry Supervisor, the primary function is to perform the duties of a laundry attendant and work with the laundry staff to ensure proper care of equipment and give direction and support to laundry staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with team to ensure proper handling and care of all linen and equipment
- Review safety and equipment standards with staff on a regular basis
- Ensure proper direction of staff to maintain clean linen for guest rooms in a timely manner
- Oversee the handling of Lithia Springs Resort laundry and delivery to and from the resort.
- Assist in training staff.
- Ensure proper use of cleaning chemicals and storage in accordance with OSHA instructions and guidelines
- Ensure that laundry room is kept clean and organized and cleaning tasks are completed daily
- Ability to help cover all housekeeping duties, including room assignments when needed.
- Washing, drying, ironing and folding all collected linens, towels, bathmats, pillow cases, robes, bedspreads, etc.
- Counting and collecting the linens from the different parts of the hotels, restaurants, and spas.
- Delivering the same cleans linens collected from the different departments to their respective paces.
- Maintaining a record of the inventory of linens and cleaning products, assist with the stocking of inventory shelves and report low inventory to the supervisor.
- Clean and maintain all laundry room equipment.
- Respond to the requests of guests, co-workers, and management for extra linens in a timely and efficient manner.
- Should inform department manager or supervisor-in-charge of any property damage or mechanical problems as soon as possible.
- Assist in cleaning guest rooms when the need arises.
- Any guest items found in the laundry are to be turned into Lost and Found immediately.
- Answer telephone in a proper manner in the laundry room when it rings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager on duty.
- Previous guest service experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to stand, walk, push, pull, bend and squat repeatedly
- Ability to lift up to 40-50lbs
- Clean with good grooming habits and proper dress code at all times
- Ability to work all shifts and all days of the week
- Ability to communicate effectively, preferably bi-lingual in English and Spanish
- Always polite and courteous when approached by guests
- Ability to use various kinds of equipment safely
- Ability to take direction from different people