MILA was created to prove that doing good for the planet doesn’t have to come with compromise. Through trusted culinary innovation and a focus on internationally inspired flavor, MILA delivers an elevated, yet approachable, plant-based dining experience. Our premium casual restaurant concept was built with comfort, warmth, and a goal of bringing people together over a shared meal.
We are a locally owned, fast-paced fine dining restaurant in the heart Vancouver’s historic Chinatown. We believe that we have a responsibility to impart positive change in our community, the environment, and the world. We achieve that through sourcing sustainable food solutions and crafting innovative offerings to prove that eating vegan isn’t a sacrifice but an experience worth sharing.
WHO YOU ARE
As a MILA Host, you start our guest experience and are crucial to facilitating the full-cycle service. Our goal is to offer guests an elevated dining experience, leaving them wowed every time they walk out the door. This is a customer-focused position, so a desire to provide exceptional service is key, all while being part of a dynamic and passionate team.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Greeting guests as they arrive, notifying them of wait times, designating and guiding them to their tables.
· Taking reservations over the phone, online platforms, or in-person.
· Have knowledge of daily specials and communicate them to guests.
· Maintain a clean, tidy, and welcoming front-of-house experience.
· Managing the assignment of tables to wait staff after guests have been seated.
· Organize and consult the seating chart to ensure an efficient restaurant flow.
· Facilitate and coordinate the wait staff’s table load, ensuring equal dispersion of tables to prevent delays or disruption to guest’s experience.
· Maintain a high level of communication with other working members of the restaurant to ensure smooth daily operations.
· Anticipate and manage potential issues or conflicts that arise on shift.
· Establish and maintain positive and professional working relationships with colleagues, vendors, and delivery drivers.
· Deliver exceptional guest service.
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Previous restaurant or hosting experience is advantageous.
· Personal alignment with MILA’s vision, values, and team culture is considered an asset.
· Flexible schedule for working weekends and evenings.
· Exceptional customer service skills.
· Organization and time management skills for scheduling and booking reservations and tables.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of food and beverage health and safety initiatives.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and inter-functional team environment.
· Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
· 20% off meals outside of working hours.
· FSEAP Mental Health resources.
· Tip pool split system.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.