ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE
Do you love being outdoors? Do you like working at a job where most of your colleagues turn into lifelong friends? Are you someone that loves a good Instagram photo of the lake at sunset? Do you like working in an engaging and friendly environment? If so, come work at one of the coolest places in Austin right on Lady Bird Lake! Rowing Dock rents a variety of Kayaks, Canoes, and Stand-Up Paddle Boards. If you are looking for a fast-paced, customer-facing, and super fun job... Rowing Dock is the place for you.
The Manager on the Dock (MOD) is responsible for making sure everything runs smoothly on the dock while assisting customers and answering questions about the dock. You are responsible for supporting our team, solving problems as they arise, and running a well-organized and streamlined operation. You’re able to manage customer service concerns or challenges with a positive. proactive and relaxed demeanor. You’re not afraid to jump in and help wherever and however necessary to ensure all staff and customers have a good experience at Rowing Dock.
· Managing other Rowing Dock team members during shifts and taking the lead on challenges as they arise
· Responsible for all dock operations while on duty, maintaining order at all times
· Maintain a positive and calm attitude toward customers and staff
· Ensure proper safety and security measures are being taken to protect customers, staff, and equipment
· Respond to upset customers. Report the situation as well as the resolution to the GM (Digital LogBook)
· Know when and how to pilot the launch safely and effectively
· Monitor cash flow. Make till drops and assure adequate change is available in hut.
· Manage Dock Attendant (DA) duties to adequately serve the fluctuating volume of customers throughout the day
· Provide positive feedback to staff regularly, acknowledging their contributions both verbally and in staff journals
· Ensure completion of tasks listed on Day Specific Duties Charts
· Monitor Daily Checklist for proper completion of tasks and for discrepancies or issues
· Look for DAs who are ready for more responsibility and train them up
· Provide scheduling input and support to OM and GM
· Maintain equipment inventory and maintenance records
· Serve on management team under the direction of the GM
· Prepare a summary of the shift in Digital LogBook at the end of each shift worked
Who You Are:
(Please do not apply if you cannot meet ALL guidelines below)
· You appreciate an incredible customer service experience and will work hard to make it a reality
· You’re able to de-escalate problematic customer experiences with confidence and ease
· You’re a talker – you like being social, friendly, and engaging with people
· You’re comfortable working outside in the heat (this is Texas, y’all! Our summers are HOT).
· You’re into staying fit and healthy
· You’re into hospitality- taking care of others is important to you
· You’re available weekends and holidays
· You’re over the age of 18 and have reliable transportation to/from work
· You’ve got 2+ years of experience working in an outdoor recreation setting and or mid-level management experience
· You can commit to working at Rowing Dock for six months or longer. We are looking for dedicated members to join our team. If you are looking for stop gap employment, please do not apply.
What our Current/Past Employees Say:
· “Everyone at Rowing Dock is like family. We spent a bunch of time together, both at work and after work. These people became real friends not just work friends.”
· “I loved my experience at the dock and ended up meeting my fiancée working there. We became really good friends with the other employees and managers. It’s such a friendly, outgoing group of people.”
· “Rowing Dock is such a fun and outgoing place. It’s really easy to crack jokes, mess with each other, and create a good family-friendly environment. The owners and manager created a really good family culture with events which made it easy for everyone to get along and work hard for each other.”
· “Most of the people that work at Rowing Dock have a really active lifestyle. Everyone was so fun and you’re getting to work out while enjoying the weather. We would bring our pup by after hours and go out on the water with friends.”
· We provide paid training including First Aid/CPR certifications
· Hourly Wages
o $18 - $20/Hour for guided paddles and events team pay (training included)
· We also offer FREE rentals for staff and their family and friends!
· MODs work between 3 and 6 shifts a week.
· Shifts are 5-6 hours in length