Francophone Mobility Chef (available to Temporary Foreign Workers Only)
This position is open for candidates wishing to apply for a Chef (NOC 62200) position through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (Francophone Mobility Program) only. If you are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada, please apply to the Chef position currently posted on our website.
Chef (NOC 62200)
- Corporate chef
- Executive chef
- Executive sous-chef
- Head chef
- Master chef
- Pastry chef
- Specialist chef
Chefs plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities and prepare and cook meals and specialty foods. They are employed in remote workforce camps and on ships.This group performs some or all of the following duties:Head chefs
- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities of several restaurants in an establishment, restaurant chains, hospitals or other establishments with food services
- Consult with clients regarding weddings, banquets and specialty functions
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Estimate food requirements and may estimate food and labour costs
- Supervise activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Recruit and hire staff
- May prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions.
- Supervise activities of specialist chefs, chefs, cooks and other kitchen workers
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff
- May plan menus and requisition food and kitchen supplies
- May prepare and cook meals or specialty foods.
- Prepare and cook complete meals or specialty foods, such as pastries, sauces, soups, salads, vegetables and meat, poultry and fish dishes, and create decorative food displays for special events such as banquets
- Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Create new recipes
- Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
- May plan menus
- May requisition food and kitchen supplies.
- Cook's trade certification or equivalent credentials, training and experience are required.
- Executive chefs usually require management training and several years of experience in commercial food preparation, including two years in a supervisory capacity and experience as a sous-chef, specialist chef or chef.
- Sous-chefs, specialist chefs and chefs usually require several years of experience in commercial food preparation.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must have proof of minimum CLB Level 7 French Language Proficiency
- Must have valid passport with minimum of 2 years before expiry date.
- Must be able to comply with eligibility requirements to apply for a work permit including but not limited to the following:
- Be able to provide proof that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires.
- show that you have enough money to take care of yourself and your family members during your stay in Canada and to return home.
- obey the law and have no record of criminal activity (you may be asked to provide a police clearance certificate)
- Not be a danger to Canada's security.
- be in good health and have a medical exam.
- Must be able to meet the physical and mental requirements of the job.
- Successful candidates are encouraged to purchase private health insurance for the duration of their work permit.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.