Job Title: Recruiter I
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Pay: $20.00 - $23.00/hr, dependent on experience
Type of hire: Temp until September 30th with the potential to become perm.
Our Client is seeking a Recruiter I to support their Human Resources Department located in their Headquarters location (Bethesda, Maryland).
Were you a STEM major who helped with hiring efforts in the lab and you’re looking to transition out of the lab? Are you someone who has conducted study recruiting within clinical research and you’re looking to use those skills in a more business setting? Or are you someone who has been supporting a recruiting team communicating with candidates on a day to day basis who is organized and creative looking for that next step in your career? If so, this is the stepping stone to the next level of your career!
In this role you will grow your sourcing and recruiting techniques touching most aspects of the recruiting life cycle while supporting an incredible cause helping advance military medicine supporting research teams around the world! Your recruiting efforts will support departments/programs focusing in infectious disease, traumatic brain injury and mental health, clinical rehab, cancer research, combat casualty care, human performance, and precision medicine.
- Identify and screen qualified candidates for employment opportunities.
- This includes supporting positions ranging from Lab Intern to Scientific Director for positions local to the DC Metro area, sites around the US, and around the world.
- Build applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, universities, associations, social media venues, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Attract applicants by placing job advertisements, networking, utilizing job sites, industry-specific forums and social media venues, and soliciting referrals.
- Proactively source candidates from job sites, networking, LinkedIn, University boards, Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, Handshake, etc.) in addition to University forums.
- Determine applicant qualifications by screening applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Build a pipeline of candidates for potential opportunities across several geographic regions.
- Conduct Reference Checks for candidates as required.
- Coordinate in person, video and phone interviews with hiring managers and program managers. Input data into Peoplesoft. Send confirmation emails to candidate and interview panels.
- Screen resumes from Peoplesoft and from our Talent Network in Talemetry.
- Answer recruiting hotline with candidate recruiting inquiries, questions regarding candidate job search, and conducts brief screens with potential candidates; input notes into Talemetry.
- Send/discuss benefits to candidates who have been screened and are selected to interview (alongside interview confirmation).
- Coordinate and attend university career fairs, open houses, and networking events.
- Assist with New Employee Workshop, an orientation program designed to meet and greet with new hires.
- Prepare and package material for career fairs.
- Assists with Credentialing process- Verification of state licenses (nurse, social worker, medical doctor, etc.), college degrees, previous employment, and certifications. Compiles and verifies all required information into credentialing package for approval and submission. Provides consistent follow up to new employee and hiring manager regarding status updates.
- Formats job positions and posts vacancies on website.
- Utilize Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Teams. Experience with Peoplesoft, UltiPro, and other ATS’s for administrative recruiting functions, candidate management, in addition to other software as required.
- Additional duties as required, supporting other team members, and attend program meetings as needed at the home office or off site.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, ability to work in a team environment, self-motivated, creative, and able to work effectively and autonomously with minimal management direction, ability to evaluate the professional attitude of job applicants, ability to work efficiently in an office environment, motivated to work productively in a fast-paced and dynamic industry. Scientific or medical recruiting experience preferred.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Experience: 1 to 2 years’ experience in recruitment; preferably within healthcare, staffing, government contracting, or scientific setting.
Physical Capabilities: Long periods of sitting at a computer
Travel: 10-15% local and domestic travel for job fairs, conferences, program visits, and benefits roadshow.
Work Environment: Office environment.
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.